Malossi Brake Pads!

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ericalm
Site Admin

Malossi Brake Pads!

Post by ericalm »

My front brakes went from "not great" to "DO NOT RIDE! REPLACE NOW!" in about two days. When I went to buy new pads, my mechanic offered me Malossi or stock.

The Malossi, which he says have less longevity than stock, stop a heck of a lot better. Super pleased with them and highly recommended.

The install was a snap, too, but I found myself learning the same lesson I always learn when working on stuff: leave yourself enough time.

First attempt, at 10:00 pm at night. Should only take a few minutes, right? Brake Pistons would not budge. I'd have to bleed the system and didn't want to do it in the dark.

A couple mornings later, got up,early before work. Got it all done, but didn't have time to test ride. It's just my brakes, right? Rode the Helix. This also gave me time to squeeze any air out of the line.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

You don't need no stinking front brake! Just make like you're riding vintage...no front brake! :mrgreen:
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
viney266

Post by viney266 »

drums work great...for a few hours. LOL

I have been impressed with how well that disk brake kit works on the Stella. They really do stop.
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?