How do I Sraighten the front forks

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Poppagonzo

How do I Sraighten the front forks

Post by Poppagonzo »

please help my wife hit a curb and went flying one way the bike another, and now the front forks and handlebar are off by about 1inch any help with any links where I can get help or drwings on how to fix this myself
Thanks
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

On a recent group ride, one member went down and his headset/forks were misaligned. The ride leader did what you'd do with a bicycle: clamp the wheel firmly and shove the headset back where it's supposed to be. Give it a try. Being bigger than a typical 10-speed, you might need to find a clever way of holding / chocking the front wheel rather than just between your ankles, but the headset should turn.
Feel da rhythm! Feel da rhyme! Get on up! It's Buddy Time!
Neurotic-Hapi-Snak

Post by Neurotic-Hapi-Snak »

I believe you just have to remove the headset bolt, realign, and replace the bolt. Although I would remove the headset to check for damage to the slot in the steering column or bolt. Your steering column (fork) may also be bent, it's not unheard of. You might want to check Modern Vespa Not So Modern.

Should be a black plastic cover over this hole.

http://www.scooterhelp.com/tips/body/fork.bearings.html