Long time lurker-New Owner

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Driller

Long time lurker-New Owner

Post by Driller »

Hello to all on the forum. I have been registered for a long time but have not been active since flirting with a Rattler 110. This is a great place to learn about "all things Buddy".
The itch to try a Buddy finally came to a zenith and I broke down and brought this lightly used and well cared for 2009 125 home yesterday.

When I decided to pull the trigger on one, a Psycho with only 678 miles got my attention. A road trip to see the bike ended with no deal since the seller had "accidentally" understated the price by $1000! Smelled like a bit of "bait and switch"may have been going on. :evil: Very neat scoot, but a bunch of oil crud on the crank case gave me cold feet as well.

Any way....this red 125 was not too far away. It was obviously well cared for and with 1650 miles, the breaking in process is likely over with. Yes, I could tell a difference in the handling of the Psycho due to the NCY bits, but for the price difference, there just might be room for some upgrades in the future on "Little Red".
8)
I look forward to experiencing many grins on this bike. The other scooters in the garage may get a bit jealous of the new kid on the block.
Again, thanks to all for contributing to this forum with your knowledge and experience.
Ciao!
MYSCTR

2009 Red 125 Buddy

Post by MYSCTR »

Welcome to the forum!

Enjoy!

There is so much you can do with a red scoot. Check out the link below for the one we let get away for some ideas of what we did with ours!

topic25650.html
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

Nice scoot...
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

I had been looking for a Rattler 110 too when I bought my Buddy.
The Buddy is a lot of fun whether you modify it or keep it box stock.
I added a windshield for chilly morning commutes but otherwise ride it as is.
The 2t 50cc Roughouse is much easier to find, so I may look for one to tinker with.
2013 Buddy 125, Prima Pipe, #95 main jet, Orange CDI
skully93

Post by skully93 »

Congrats!

I put 10k miles on my buddy stock before going with aftermarket stuff, and it's fine. I'd just enjoy it as is until the shocks and such get worn, then change them out.
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

Nice choice, you will be very happy with it! We (wife and I) love our Buddy 125 so much that I offered to sell the SYM CityCom in order to keep the Buddy around, as we do not have space for both. Just under 10,000 miles with our Buddy and have never had any problems.
skipper20

Re: Long time lurker-New Owner

Post by skipper20 »

Driller wrote:Hello to all on the forum. I have been registered for a long time but have not been active since flirting with a Rattler 110. This is a great place to learn about "all things Buddy".
The itch to try a Buddy finally came to a zenith and I broke down and brought this lightly used and well cared for 2009 125 home yesterday.

When I decided to pull the trigger on one, a Psycho with only 678 miles got my attention. A road trip to see the bike ended with no deal since the seller had "accidentally" understated the price by $1000! Smelled like a bit of "bait and switch"may have been going on. :evil: Very neat scoot, but a bunch of oil crud on the crank case gave me cold feet as well.

Any way....this red 125 was not too far away. It was obviously well cared for and with 1650 miles, the breaking in process is likely over with. Yes, I could tell a difference in the handling of the Psycho due to the NCY bits, but for the price difference, there just might be room for some upgrades in the future on "Little Red".
8)
I look forward to experiencing many grins on this bike. The other scooters in the garage may get a bit jealous of the new kid on the block.
Again, thanks to all for contributing to this forum with your knowledge and experience.
Ciao!
Welcome aboard. You definitely made the right choice. With the exception of the Italia green color, we all know that red is the fastest Buddy color.

Bill in Seattle now wintering in Tucson
'09 150 Blackjack
'12 170i Italia :)