I just found out that Siobhan was killed in an car accident.

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Syd

Post by Syd »

az_slynch wrote:I think I'd like to honor her with a decal on my Elite 80 and one on my Passport, two little bikes I think she'd approve of.
They are both Hondas, too, and siobhan loved Hondas.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
Edwub

Post by Edwub »

What awful news. When I was more active on this board, I had nothing but positive interactions with her. She was such a nice person and enthusiast, my heart goes out to her friends and family.
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

Noticed that the ADVRider thread link was MIA. Found it and re-posting:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1026260

I almost bought a '08 Husky TE450 recently. Never was into dual-sports, but for some reason, that bike just captivated my attention. I waited and it's gone now, kinda regret it but I had just bought the 4T last year. Maybe I should go take the Zuma off-roading for a bit so I can be ready when the next dual-sport trips my triggers.
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
MATPOC

Post by MATPOC »

Instead of Zuma start with TW200, great bike, more capable than it looks
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

MATPOC wrote:Instead of Zuma start with TW200, great bike, more capable than it looks
I understand that there's a St. Tropez o'er there that blazed some trails...

I grew up in southern NH and used to ride my second Puch Maxi on the powerline trails. Rode a Bridgestone Seven with a big rear sprocket and knobby rear tire around Terre Haute one fall in the early 90's. Hadn't been offroad on two wheels again until I moved to the desert. My Riva had an OHV tag, since the local MVD insisted that the model code XC180 meant that it was off-road capable. I only took it off-road once, while trying to take a shortcut to catch up to a group ride. Off-roading a big blue Riva with 3.50 x 10 Dunlops and full crashbars was pretty funny. It got even funnier when I went blasting though a Border Patrol training session; not sure who was more surprised by that. I hope they were laughing too hard to draw a bead!
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
MATPOC

Post by MATPOC »

I've done some off-roading on the scooters, mostly P200, did a group ride through Sandy Valley (NV) with Heat Sized SC, later they told me it was the "initiation ritual" but I'm still waiting for my patch. Also last Corsa (2014) had 60+ miles of dirt roads and I aced them (navigation was my downfall)
Pretty sure the reason I started to ride dirt was Siobhan. Despite owning a KTM (for at least a year or two at that point) my dirt experience was limited to going out on the powerline solo and getting stuck fast, so as you can imagine I was a little gun-shy. Then for some reason I turned to ADV, don't remember how, but the only two people I knew form the group was Eric (cheese) and Siobhan and I still remember her distinct voice inviting me to go somewhere "you should totally come out with us, we ride *there(?) all the time" that may have been why I joined... been few years.

Last time we hung out was a Halloween CnR (Camp n Ride) weather was dismal and I trucked in/trucked out in the rain, she made it all the way from Providence (over an hour on highway, so took longer on back roads) on the bike loaded with fixins for fish tacos (her trademark CnR treat) and rode back next day in a pouring rain. Someone drew and I printed this commemorative tee shirt for the occasion, told her that she was the model it was drawn from and she loved it

MATPOC

Post by MATPOC »

double post, why is the site lagging so bad?
Rob

Post by Rob »

I hate to refresh such a sad and tragic post, but I haven't been on MB in quite a long time. Was scanning through some topics and saw this.

I can't add much to what has already been mentioned, but this was truly upsetting to me. Such a nice and positive person. I always enjoyed her posts and her approach to life in general.

It was very nice to see some of the pics of her in this post .... as always she had that huge smile on her face.

Hard to believe you can feel such a sense of loss for someone you've never met in person.

My belated condolences to her friends and family.

Rob
"Sponges grow in the ocean. That just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen."
- Steven Wright