new center stand for stella

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

EvilNerdLord

new center stand for stella

Post by EvilNerdLord »

I picked up the black re-inforced centerstand for her, the one with the welded on feet and little foot lever to replace the ugly stock one.

according to scooterworks it's just a direct swap...but, there are two springs under the stock stella going to two lopps on the stock centerstand but one on the new one.

does it make a difference to have both springs? or put both springs and hook them into the new stands single loop?

looks like one spring was the 'classic' way it was done.

I suppose I could use one, save the other for a spare?
Professional nerd, Cube dweller, and wannabe Evil Overlord (OK, maybe not too evil or lord over more than I can manage...well,­ on second thought make that Suburbanite just trying to make his way in the world as best he can)
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

I'd use both springs. The original design (Vespa) had a bigger spring and the HD stand is a heavier piece of metal.
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
EvilNerdLord

Post by EvilNerdLord »

got it on...dinged the paint near the choke pull ( :x uurrrh!) with the socket wrench handle...

complication though...the dealer put on the side stand and used stainless bolts/nuts/washers, but the bolts had shoulder/unthreaded area that couldn't tighten up without the side stand plate, so put the side stand and new center on untill I can get bolts that work...but I removed the stand leg for now...

reason I had to get rid of the sidestand..1) I never really used it and 2) it turned out to too much of an annoying anklebiter. probably be perfect for someone who needs it (short legs, not strong enough to pull it off the centerstand, etc...).

looks pretty good...black on my creme scoot with its blowel cowel bras and black flyscreen... will post pic asap.
Professional nerd, Cube dweller, and wannabe Evil Overlord (OK, maybe not too evil or lord over more than I can manage...well,­ on second thought make that Suburbanite just trying to make his way in the world as best he can)
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

EvilNerdLord wrote:got it on...dinged the paint near the choke pull ( :x uurrrh!) with the socket wrench handle...
Ouch, man. I usually keep an old beach towel that I can drape over the paint. Last time I worked on a friend's red 2T Stella, I put an old flannel shirt over the legshield to protect it from falling headset bits (wiring repairs).
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
EvilNerdLord

Post by EvilNerdLord »

az_slynch wrote:
EvilNerdLord wrote:got it on...dinged the paint near the choke pull ( :x uurrrh!) with the socket wrench handle...
Ouch, man. I usually keep an old beach towel that I can drape over the paint. Last time I worked on a friend's red 2T Stella, I put an old flannel shirt over the legshield to protect it from falling headset bits (wiring repairs).
this week end i'm going over her with touch up paint and taking care of ALL the dings, rock chips, etc...

it's not to many, 3 i know..
EvilNerdLord

Post by EvilNerdLord »

discovered also my battery is dead...

but did you know even removed and the lines hanging loose the dang thing still starts (on the first kick) and runs like a top?

I love 'old school'.... :lol: