Ride in the country

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

wheelbender6

Ride in the country

Post by wheelbender6 »

We live in the suburbs, with plenty of traffic lights and straight, flat roads.
Hauling our scoots out to rural towns with twisty roads is like going to Disney Land for us.
-We unstrapped the scooters at Brenham, TX. After a lap around the square, we took old Chappell Road.
Old Chappell Road had plenty of curves and scenery. However, there were few places where it was safe to pull
over for photos. In my first pic, you can see a white car approaching as I rush to hit the shutter. The shoulder of the road was
really soft from recent rains.
-We stopped at a Masonic Cemetery, just outside of Chappell Hill. Some veterans of the TX revolution buried there, clearly marked. Someone really has put a lot of effort into maintaining this site. Not a Freemason myself.
We hit the main drag in Chappell Hill, shown in the second pic. Did some Christmas decoration shopping.
Upon return to Brenham, we had lunch at Smitty's Cafe on the square. Great onion rings.
Back to traffic lights and straight roads tomorrow.
2013 Buddy 125, Prima Pipe, #95 main jet, Orange CDI
luckyscroller788

Post by luckyscroller788 »

Sure doesn't look like the weather we are having here in WI!!! Nice pictures
PS: in pic #2, it almost looks as if someone got sick there in the road in front of that white machine!
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

It looked like a pumpkin that had been hit by a car. Neither of us hurled. Chappell Road wasn't that curvy.
2013 Buddy 125, Prima Pipe, #95 main jet, Orange CDI
MYSCTR

Post by MYSCTR »

Great to see your posts from outside of Katy.

Wow - Brenham, TX. Buescher to Bastrop is a really great ride if you get a little more west.

Some day we want to do some overnights or extended weekends and ride to Sam Houston National Forest via Coldspring from home on our scoots. Mostly State Hwy 19 - just a bit long.

Keep posting!
Driller

Will be passing through...

Post by Driller »

My daughter recently moved to the Woodlands area and a cousin lives in Katy. Hope to stop to visit for a couple of days with the Buddy in tow on my way out to Utah to ride the canyons this spring.
A jaunt through the hill country would be nice while on the way as well. 8)
Keep those RR's coming.
"My name is Mike. I suffer from multiple bike disorder."