That yearnin', burnin' feelin' !

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

slotrod65

That yearnin', burnin' feelin' !

Post by slotrod65 »

Up here in upstate NY, there is two feet of snow on the ground, and it is all the way up to 3 degrees... But I am getting that feeling... I want to get out to the shed and get the Stella prepped, and go for a ride!

slotrod65

Post by slotrod65 »

I used the snowblower to carve a path out to the shed today. It's going to be in the mid 30's next week!
toot

Post by toot »

Hey I talked to you before, I have the same Stella.. I like what you have done, BUT how much weight did you add on your bike.. Lots of ad ons there.. By the way been riding all winter here in SO Cal :D
You will be on the road soon :) :)
slotrod65

Post by slotrod65 »

There is really very little weight added. Most everything is hollow: racks, lights, mirrors. I have noticed no performance negatives. Of course, the GPR exhaust, Tasso coil, and re-jetting have upped performance, especially in the mid range. Handling wise there is no discernible difference.
jimmbomb

Post by jimmbomb »

Hey now. Where did you cob those red rear turn sig lenses?
i cant find them anymore.
J H
[URL=https:///]Image[/URL] upload pics
slotrod65

Post by slotrod65 »

I bought them on ebay. Search for "bomber lights" "bomber brake" "bullet brake" "Bullet Lights" "rocket lights" They can be hard to find and I had to sift through a lot of other junk. Do not limit yourself to motorcycle parts, as some are sold as hot rod parts. Some are bullets, some have two or even three fins.
jimmbomb

Post by jimmbomb »

slotrod65 wrote:I bought them on ebay. Search for "bomber lights" "bomber brake" "bullet brake" "Bullet Lights" "rocket lights" They can be hard to find and I had to sift through a lot of other junk. Do not limit yourself to motorcycle parts, as some are sold as hot rod parts. Some are bullets, some have two or even three fins.
No Slotrod..not the 'additional' lights that you installed.
Im talking about the red lenses that replaced your stock amber lenses in your cowls (stock turn sigs)
those turn signals
thanks
J H
[URL=https:///]Image[/URL] upload pics
slotrod65

Post by slotrod65 »

Oh those. I got them from TSR: The Scooter Republic in the UK. They have them on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VESPA-PX-T5-L ... 4ae22eb05c

Yes, for some reason they come with a set of from lenses in red... I have never seen just the rear lenses offered. But they do look really cool.

I picked up a lot of my accessories from TSR. The shipping cost sucks, but what can you do?
slotrod65

Post by slotrod65 »

I pulled off two of the spots today and measured up the awful 45 watt bulbs for conversion to LED using h3 based bulbs of 1-3 watts. As these aren't really going to be headlights, but instead "Here I am, don't run me over" lights, LEDs should be fine. I have a few vintage NOS Lucas toggle switches I plan on mounting on the top of my glovebox and using them to turn the spots n and off.

I also found a pair of bullet lights with clear lenses I will be mounting up as auxilliary front turn signals.
slotrod65

Post by slotrod65 »

Yesterday it was 50 degrees out, so I put in the battery and started her up. Because I have a RAM foam air filter that dodges the stock airbox, you can hear the valve clatter in the first part of the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHmrc_0 ... e=youtu.be

Then I armored up and went for a ride! The 2015 riding season has begun...