Any experience with SYM Wolf 150 Classic or CB125?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

RoaringTodd

Any experience with SYM Wolf 150 Classic or CB125?

Post by RoaringTodd »

Greetings all - I'm looking at buying the SYM Wolf 150 classic, (similar to CB125 of yore). Was wondering if any of you have ridden or owned one, and what were your impressions?

Cheers,
RT
Just because I am Deaf ... does not mean I can't roar.
ankdworak

Reviews for Sym Wolf Classic

Post by ankdworak »

Here is a Google link listing various reviews for the Sym Wolf:

https://www.google.com/search?q=google& ... lf+classic

I would skip the first one by Alliance Powersports, as they are the US distributor for Sym and they'll only be biased.

Some of the other reviewers may be biased as well, but until you hear from someone on this forum who has ridden the Sym Wolf this is not a bad place to start.

Good Luck
Syd

Post by Syd »

I think Phil and a tech from POC rode one from LA to Cleveland once, just to test it out.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
GregsBuddy

Post by GregsBuddy »

I understand that they are little rough running but I'd certainly give it full consideration.
AND, I would not give it full consideration without a test ride.
skully93

Post by skully93 »

Fair question!

Our local shops just started carrying Lance and Sym again. I thought the Wolf was cool. you can add a lot of the CB parts to it, and they have mods for 300cc and such.
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

Take a look at symforum.com They have a wolf classic section. Reach out to user gitsum on that forum. He is a very knowledgeable fellow who owned, and fine tuned one of those.
Syd

Post by Syd »

DeeDee wrote:Take a look at symforum.com They have a wolf classic section. Reach out to user gitsum on that forum. He is a very knowledgeable fellow who owned, and fine tuned one of those.
Unfortunately, gitsum abandoned symforum. Spammers have taken over the General forum and are randomly posting in others now too. since the mod(s) have done nothing about it, he jumped ship. I don't blame him, and I may not be too far behind. Too bad, too, it was in the beginning of gaining traffic.
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

Your information is not correct:

http://symforum.com/index.php?topic=11331.0

He just posted on that forum today talking about a 300cc Wolf Classic
Syd

Post by Syd »

DeeDee wrote:Your information is not correct:

http://symforum.com/index.php?topic=11331.0

He just posted on that forum today talking about a 300cc Wolf Classic
Right you are. I based my post on his statement here http://symforum.com/index.php?topic=5863.0. Glad to see someone is stepping up.
RoaringTodd

Post by RoaringTodd »

Thanks for your replies. Yes, I've really looked at the Yamaha SR400 and the TU250. For me, the price is a little out of my budget. I love the classic looks of those. However out the door price on those models are beyond my budget. I haven't been able to find a used Tu250 locally.

The Wolf appeals to me as a "around towner". I'm not interested in a highway touring machine. What is stopping me from just outright buying those is the 150cc engine. I do wish those came in 250's or even 300's - more for the resale value and the power when I need it. However, I do like the idea of a small powered motorcycle more for keeping me out of trouble with my proclivity of pushing the envelope. I have two other 150cc scoots, so I am aware of the speed and power limitations.

I would be able to buy the Wolf brand new, however been looking for a used one without any luck.
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

Great bargain if you're near the mile high city:
http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/4892047439.html
Ootscoot

Post by Ootscoot »

I have owned (and ridden) the SYM Wolf 150 - my review would be biased as I am a SYM dealer...but I gotta say that I really enjoy this small bike! Plenty of zip, smooth running (once the smog junk is gone ), well balanced and very reliable. The Wolf section on the SYM forum has a lot of rider input.
Ex-Scooter dealer, current scooter rider, scooter owner...
Syd

Post by Syd »

Hi Ooty, nice to see you here in Buddyville!
RoaringTodd

Post by RoaringTodd »

I'm honored Ooty used his inaugural post on my post. :-)

Looking up CB125 on youtube has me going hmmm... this could be fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cLhOOcQISc
still shifting

Post by still shifting »

I saw a honda 125 be the learner bike for a high school friend and his brother and sizter.all of them rodethe unit for about two years, till they were 18 and moved up or on. It was a great little daily driver for my bud. R
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

RoaringTodd wrote:The Wolf appeals to me as a "around towner". I'm not interested in a highway touring machine. What is stopping me from just outright buying those is the 150cc engine. I do wish those came in 250's or even 300's - more for the resale value and the power when I need it. However, I do like the idea of a small powered motorcycle more for keeping me out of trouble with my proclivity of pushing the envelope. I have two other 150cc scoots, so I am aware of the speed and power limitations.
RT, I like where you're going with this. If you learn to ride that Wolf 150 well, you will be yards ahead of the posers on their high-powered hyperbikes that can't be ridden hard anywhere except a racetrack.

I also hear you about the small motor. Did you go over to the SYM forum and look at the pics of that 300 Wolf? It's a beauty! If SYM bring that here, I am almost certainly going to end up buying one.

Good luck with this project. Feel free to post as much as you like about your foray into the world of small motorcycles. Lots of folks here are thinking about small bikes.
saltlakescooters

Post by saltlakescooters »

We've sold a few of them and had no complaints/comebacks. They do run 10x better with the smog stuff gone and have a few miles on it. I honestly think they're priced a bit high for what they are but the only issue I had was I felt cramped on it at 5'10.