Exhaust is getting rusty

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

srbbnd

Exhaust is getting rusty

Post by srbbnd »

Does anyone have any advice on how to paint the stock exhaust the humidity in Charleston is taking its toll on my Stella exhaust?
ArgonV

Post by ArgonV »

Is it the salt there causing the rust? That doesn't bode well for my 2013 Stella 4t. I live in Texas, but away from the coast...
jimmbomb

Post by jimmbomb »

Every exhaust ive ever ran on all my scooters (2t) has rusted over time.
I even keep em out of the rain and in a detached garage during winter.
The only 1 that didnt was the Pinasco 4t on my 2010.. but i only had it a year. The second owner sold it last summer too so i dint have any idea how well it held up.
good luck with the rust monster.
J H
[URL=https:///]Image[/URL] upload pics
srbbnd

Post by srbbnd »

ArgonV wrote:Is it the salt there causing the rust? That doesn't bode well for my 2013 Stella 4t. I live in Texas, but away from the coast...
I think it is a combination of humidity, salt and constant rain. I also don't have a garage and only keep a cover on it. Would be a lot better if I had a garage, but maybe one day. I think you will be better off in Texas.
srbbnd

Post by srbbnd »

After some research I finally painted my exhaust and it came out pretty well. Removal went smoothly. Trying to get it back on however, was more difficult than expected.
Attachments
Ater_2.jpg
Ater_2.jpg (84.74 KiB) Viewed 995 times
After.jpg
After.jpg (83.44 KiB) Viewed 995 times
Before
Before
Before.jpg (128.36 KiB) Viewed 995 times
Wild Handyman

Post by Wild Handyman »

srbbnd wrote:After some research I finally painted my exhaust and it came out pretty well. Removal went smoothly. Trying to get it back on however, was more difficult than expected.
The paint came out good, but why didn't you add some color? Your seat is yellow and a matching yellow exhaust would have looked interesting.
jimmbomb

Post by jimmbomb »

Wild Handyman wrote:
srbbnd wrote:After some research I finally painted my exhaust and it came out pretty well. Removal went smoothly. Trying to get it back on however, was more difficult than expected.
The paint came out good, but why didn't you add some color? Your seat is yellow and a matching yellow exhaust would have looked interesting.
+1
J H
[URL=https:///]Image[/URL] upload pics
srbbnd

Post by srbbnd »

The seat is more of a vomit green. I think yellow would have been a little off. Maybe next time will try vomit green instead.