do windshields help?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

deserthealer

do windshields help?

Post by deserthealer »

what are benefits/shortcomings of windshields?

thanks for any info
BoneGirl

Post by BoneGirl »

Well, if they ever come in I'll be the first to let you know!! I have one ordered and hope the wider one will keep my hands a little warmer when riding in colder weather. It may deflect wind from your neck (also good in cold weather) and some wind-riding bugs!
buddylover

windshield

Post by buddylover »

we're hoping to order a windshield as well. It seems accessories are being produced/shipped very slowly.
Motorsport Scooters
Dealer

Post by Motorsport Scooters »

One of the little known benefits of a windshield is performance. Most people report a 5mph better top speed with a windshield due to better aerodynamics.
Max
Vespa Motorsport
619-280-1718
http://www.scooterwest.com/
#1 source for all things Vespa
rablack

Post by rablack »

Motorsport Scooters wrote:One of the little known benefits of a windshield is performance. Most people report a 5mph better top speed with a windshield due to better aerodynamics.
Does it make a difference what size windshield?

I prefer the looks of the smaller one that is alleged to be eventually available.
Anthony Hinegardner

Post by Anthony Hinegardner »

We put a windsheild on my wifes pink buddy just so happened that our dealer had a universal windshield that fit our buddy like a glove . The windshield helps keep the bugs and stones out of your face and just makes for a much more plesant ride .It also keeps down some of the wind noise thats normaly blowing around your head .I do not like riding a bike or scooter without a windshield since I have gotten use to them .The only downside to a windshield is on a windy day you can feel the crosswind alot more.As far as more top speed I dont think we have gained anything
whattheheck

Post by whattheheck »

Can you post a picture of the "universal" windshield you have? Is this the same as the original one posted in the Buddy brochure?
Last edited by whattheheck on Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Motorsport Scooters
Dealer

Post by Motorsport Scooters »

Max
Vespa Motorsport
619-280-1718
http://www.scooterwest.com/
#1 source for all things Vespa