The Rides of March

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

still shifting

The Rides of March

Post by still shifting »

Ok tomorrow it will be March, and that means Spring! I want to ride I need to Ride. 0f course I have an appointment tomorrow at 1 pm and thus the heat of the day will be gone by the time my client is gone. I am blessed to have a client. March will have many warm days. Maybe I can cruise a little between 11 and 12? Ride on, or Rant on ... R
skully93

Post by skully93 »

right there with you. We're warming up with another round of snow on the way. I'm not sure about full rides, but I think the city should be thawed out by this weekend.

I haven't ridden in several days. I get antsy...
scootdad

Re: The Rides of March

Post by scootdad »

Two (2) rides this past weekend! The air was, um, brisk, but the roads were dry and sun was in full-on mode. Thank you, sun!
craftynerd

Post by craftynerd »

I rode my scoot home from work yesterday with the face shield up on my helmet for the first time in ages. It's raining today, but I might still ride around a little bit after I get done with work - my scoot's about to hit 2000 miles, and it's been way too cold to ride the Buddy lately, and so I'm gonna enjoy whatever above-freezing temp riding weather I can!
Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

I had to fire up the bikes and run the motors a little this weekend since it's been so long.
Last time I filled up the MC was 2/9. :?
Scooter was 12/13. :oops:

I really need to ride. Need that wind therapy.
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
still shifting

Post by still shifting »

I am torn between the promis of rrain, some thing always needed in NM and a balmy afternoon with a lts ride to thedge of town just to look back at it all. R
kmrcstintn

Post by kmrcstintn »

as much as I desire to ride...both bikes are blocked by 6-8" of snow & ice in my backyard; until I see bare ground and it's not soft mud I am not bringing anything out of storage; I nearly dropped a 500+ lb motorcycle and twisted my back several years ago being too impatient... :oops:
did anyone get the license plate number of the bus that just hit me?!?
Slam

Post by Slam »

Sleet, snow, and freezing rain today in Northwest Arkansas, but mid-60's are forecast next week. Can't wait!
bluebessie

Post by bluebessie »

We had sleety slush this morning. Snow is still melting. I do need more gas in my girl too. This weekend we should hit 40 which means in all likelihood I will be riding again soon. I haven't been out since my birthday a month ago :(
DeeDee

3 Buddys in Evergreen.

Post by DeeDee »

Good bye Winter. I never thought February was going to end which is odd because it's only 4 weeks long. 3 of us took advantage of the sun today and rode to Evergreen. Image
Slam

Post by Slam »

It was in the mid 50's this weekend and I have been totally anxious to get the scoot out of the garage for the last few weeks. I took advantage of the moderate temps (yet high wind!) and rode up highway 12 here in the beautiful Ozark mountains. I stopped for a few minutes to admire Beaver Lake, which looked a little bleak in the cloud cover.

I continued up the road several more miles, ending up at Hobbs State Park. It's a beautiful two lane highway with many turns and hills, winding through a forest. I spent a few minutes walking the Ozark Plateau Trail, and then rode back home. Maybe 75 miles altogether? Not long enough, but it was fun.

kmrcstintn

Post by kmrcstintn »

:goofy:

so damn close I can taste it! unfortunately the most recent snow storm dumped almost 6 inches and it ain't melting quick enough for me! :cry:

might be able to get my small bike out of the backyard in a week or so but the big one's too heavy to risk until I see dry ground; kinda sucks cuz I do a charity ride on Easter weekend that goes to @ 12 different hospitals in the area (stuffed bunnies given to kids in those hospitals on Easter weekend) and I wanted to ride my big bike and hit a hospital that's further out...

living in a connected townhouse without a garage has its drawbacks... :fp:
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

kmrcstintn wrote::goofy:

so damn close I can taste it! unfortunately the most recent snow storm dumped almost 6 inches and it ain't melting quick enough for me! :cry:
There's 'light at the end of the tunnel' the 3' snow pile is gone from in front of the garage bay. Today's rain is washing the salt off the roads and hopefully most of the cinders and other gravelly stuff. Tomorrow it should be 50some out, I'm gonna get it out there.
So far February was the only month this winter I've gone without a ride, not been too too bad on me.....
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba
theflash784

The Rides of March

Post by theflash784 »

A few years ago we had a really warm March and I had the scooter out but not this year. The mound of snow on it has melted- just waiting for the mounds around it to melt. The battery is on the trickle charger just in case we get warm temps
still shifting

Post by still shifting »

Well I rode enough this month to pick up a bit of glass in the rear tire and then noticed that there were side wall cracks on the front. We do go through some tires on these units, do we not? R
MYSCTR

March Ride: Snow Day in North Texas

Post by MYSCTR »

March 5th, the day after record snowfall in north Texas. Most of the streets were pretty clear by noon when I shot this.

First try at a 'movie' scooter ride. Total trip 15 minutes with most of it sped up to fit inside 5 minutes. It is from a GoPro mounted on the side of my helmet.

Hope it is not too boring!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8plTjOHXGM
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

I got out Friday the 13th, yeah maybe 'pushing it' (the luck that is) Low/mid 50s pretty much rode aimlessly for 2+/- hours.

MYSCTR: Nice looking ride, boring to view? Maybe/maybe not, too much sloppy stuff still for me, I was watching your 'lane choices'. I'd like to see clearer roads.

We'd had quite a bit of rain two days before, coupled with the snow melt there was a large amount of runoff crossing the roads in many places on my rural roads. Below freezing the night before several spots had iced over, I either avoided where I knew this'll happen or once I simply dismounted and walked the scoot.....
Monday we'll see 60 Tuesday rain again, hopefully that'll wash more of the salt and 'anti-skid' off the roads in the curves. Highs for the rest of the week predicted in the mid/upper 40s, I'll say 'riding season' is off to a good(ish) start.
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba
Slam

Re: March Ride: Snow Day in North Texas

Post by Slam »

MYSCTR wrote:March 5th, the day after record snowfall in north Texas. Most of the streets were pretty clear by noon when I shot this.

First try at a 'movie' scooter ride. Total trip 15 minutes with most of it sped up to fit inside 5 minutes. It is from a GoPro mounted on the side of my helmet.

Hope it is not too boring!

I enjoyed it, even if not as exciting as that Mr. Fish dude on MV. Perhaps you should try cussing and waxing eloquent about the cagers. :D
Stinkdyr

Post by Stinkdyr »

I rode my RH50 all winter long, bar about 5 days for blizzards, and perhaps another 5 days when my wife didn't need our car. Of all of my scoots, I have to say, the RH50 performs the best in snow. For a 2-wheeler, of course.....as my dealer mechanic commented.

8)
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Beware the Rides of March! (I think that is an old Roman saying)

Actually, today we had endless rain and a nasty gusting wind. Supposed to get better in the next couple days though.
MYSCTR

Re: March Ride: Snow Day in North Texas

Post by MYSCTR »

Slam wrote:
MYSCTR wrote:Hope it is not too boring!

I enjoyed it, even if not as exciting as that Mr. Fish dude on MV. Perhaps you should try cussing and waxing eloquent about the cagers. :D
THAT is too funny! Somehow most drivers ignorance or stupidity just does not even get a rise out of me but I really liked the thought!

Thanks!
kmrcstintn

Post by kmrcstintn »

things were looking up...snow melted, backyard drying out, snowpile in my parking spot melting enough to park a bike in front of my vehicle;

boom...another winter weather advisory for tomorrow calling for 3 to 6 inches of snow! the bikes are stuck for another week...ugh!

MYSCTR...great video! makes me miss my Buddy 125...
still shifting

Post by still shifting »

And the "Rides of March" are over! It was a a very interesting Spring... R