HILLS!!!!! :-/

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

COYOTE102076

HILLS!!!!! :-/

Post by COYOTE102076 »

Was a absolutely beautiful day outside today. Low 60 deg. outside.
the wind was a bit much blowing a 20+ MPH MOSTLY cross wind, so that
made things, , , , , , , interesting.
I rode for about an hour through some windy 2 lane somewhat less traveled roads here near my house.
Was my first time out on "the big road" ( 55MPH speed zone).
Knew I was in trouble the first BIG hill I came to. One hill of 7 on that route I had to deal with. Downhill was fantastic! Speedometer
was pegged out on 50 BMPH BEFORE I started down the hill, and heard the engine pick up many more RPMs and could feel the increase in speed going down hill ! LOL :D
BUT.
THEN.
I had to go UP the other side. :evil:
Bike speedo plummeted to SUB 30MPH!
Yeahhhhhhhhh, I think I am going to rethink this whole "wait till warranty runs out" thing. Yesterday I said I was not going to get the overbore kit.
I will give the performance pipe and trans performance kit a try, but see
a 72cc engine in the very very near future.
COYOTE102076

Post by COYOTE102076 »

OH! And one other thing: "Rough House" is a GREAT name,
cause this lil scoot rides like a log wagon!
After 1 hour of that rough road, my back hurt so bad I was GLAD to get off of it. :?
B02S4

Re: HILLS!!!!! :-/

Post by B02S4 »

COYOTE102076 wrote:...but see
a 72cc engine in the very very near future.
I also see a bigger scooter in your future...or a motorcycle...maybe all :wink:
COYOTE102076

Re: HILLS!!!!! :-/

Post by COYOTE102076 »

B02S4 wrote: I also see a bigger scooter in your future...or a motorcycle...maybe all :wink:
Don't have any plans on a bigger scooter, but a motorcycle yes.
But who knows. I put a call in to Keith Saturday afternoon (the dealer)
and did request he call me if/when he gets a Blur 220i in stock.
Just to test ride for kicks and giggles.
Having that been said, that is exactly how we ended up bringing
our Volvo home too!
You know how it goes: " Awww Love, lets just go DRIVE it.
Just for FUN." $18,xxx and 4 hours later it sits in the driveway. :roll:
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

You can change out the contra spring in the CVT to a 1500 or 2000 RPM one depending on how steep your hills are. And you have stated on numerous occasions you like your little 50. Just ignore the call of the bigger bike folk, they have theirs and you have yours. Oh and if the seat is too stiff consider some type of add on padding for future rides.
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing
COYOTE102076

Post by COYOTE102076 »

agrogod wrote:You can change out the contra spring in the CVT to a 1500 or 2000 RPM one depending on how steep your hills are. And you have stated on numerous occasions you like your little 50. Just ignore the call of the bigger bike folk, they have theirs and you have yours. Oh and if the seat is too stiff consider some type of add on padding for future rides.
Thanks Agrogod. The hills seem to be my biggest hurdle. And I keep on hearing other members saying "you should have bought a bigger scooter"
Well. Maybe so. But the closest thing to the RH50 (staying in the Genuine family) is the Hooligan 170i. And it was not on the showroom floor
AND is $3741 out the door. I gave roughly $1800 out the door for my RH50. So my thinking at the time of purchase (already knowing about the stage 2 kit) was even if I had to have the $325+ shipping "Stage 2" kit, tax and all I would still only have $2100 in the 'Lil scoot. ( plus now a $140 trail Tech Vapor digital gauge kit) So $2240 vs. $3741 I am still $1500 ahead. I know the RH50 and Hooligan 170i can not be directly compared to one another, no matter how many mods are done to the RH50! LOL But bing 2 stroke, it MIGHT close the gap some. Maybe.
lovemysan

Post by lovemysan »

I'd skip that stage 2 kit. Go for a malossi iron kit or top trophy makes a nice kit as well. Leo Vince makes some nice pipes as well. A 19mm carb will help it run cooler and last longer plus you get more power.
161cc big bore kit, NCY big valve head Hand ported, NCY transmission kit, jetted and tuned. I can port your cylinder head.
Stinkdyr

Post by Stinkdyr »

Piaggio Typhoon 125cc.