Riding and Wrenching

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Driller

Riding and Wrenching

Post by Driller »

Finally! A beautiful day here in the Carolina mountains. Now on the back side of a nasty spring cold, I really needed to get out and ride.
The Buddy needed some fresh oil for the coming riding season, so off we go to a nearby shop for some Belray to keep the innards of the little beast happy.

After taking the "long way 'round", sixty miles of hills and curves, I was back home with a big grin on my mug. While the oil was still warm, the old dino juice was drained and the filter dropped. After a fresh "Chili" filter and new oil were installed Little Red sits ready to Go!

Did I say how much fun this scoot is? 8)
"My name is Mike. I suffer from multiple bike disorder."
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

To ride is great. To turn your own wrenches on what you ride is superb.
ucandoit

Post by ucandoit »

Driller. I enjoyed hearing about how much you enjoyed your ride. 60 miles of riding must be pure joy. I was wondering how fast you go?
I have a 2008 Buddy 125 that I'm learning to ride and getting to know, but I get nervous going over 40 mph. We have some nice scenic roads around St. Cloud, MN but the cars and trucks go about 50 or so. So, I just keep riding the same little roads around my neighborhood. Should I take on the bigger roads and just let people pass? There is not a lot of traffic, but occasional big pick-up trucks, etc.. I wear an orange hunting vest for visibility.
IdahoBuddy

Post by IdahoBuddy »

I go over 60 often. Go and find a safe area and practice riding at max speed you may have to some day.
Driller

Post by Driller »

Where I live and ride most roads are tight and curvy. Some straighter places allow the Buddy to wind out to 55-60, but most places don't. 40-45 is the happy place conditions permitting. With time and practice,you will become more comfortable at higher speeds when needed. Ride your ride and enjoy your comfort zone.
Never been to Minnesota.
I hope to get up your way late summer or early fall. Always wanted to see the headwaters near Bemidji and ride "the River" up to St. Paul and on to the West side of Superior on the way.
Cheers!
"My name is Mike. I suffer from multiple bike disorder."