New Stella Owner

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

micplug

New Stella Owner

Post by micplug »

Hello all, New Stella Owner 2013 4T. Really enjoying scooting around Los Angeles on the Stella. The manual shift makes short trips into adventures. There's a really good feeling I get just scooting around town, from Downtown LA and off to Venice Beach. I'm getting about 60-70 mpg out here, hoping that will improve as my shifting gets better.

Anyone else in the Los Angeles area who is interested in group rides?
EvilNerdLord

Post by EvilNerdLord »

things do improve after engine break-in. As for mileage, don't forget, CA is still in 'winter blend' and it sux..you'll find on more open roads with out a lot of stop, idle, go, stop, idle, etc... mileage goes up.

I live up here in Yuba City/Marysville and on an easy, loping speed (ave 45mph) loop from here to knights landing, Grimes, Meridian and back home (110 miles) I got 103 mpg.

around town about 73-76 mpg.

all on my 4T 2012.
Professional nerd, Cube dweller, and wannabe Evil Overlord (OK, maybe not too evil or lord over more than I can manage...well,­ on second thought make that Suburbanite just trying to make his way in the world as best he can)
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

Congrats on the new Stella. If I didn't live 68 mi from L.A. I'd be down....