Oil light on

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

rlewis02

Oil light on

Post by rlewis02 »

hello all
I recently purchased a 2013 used Blur 220i SS and started it for the first time yesterday. Had to put a new battery in first thing and now the oil light stays on. Service manual say to check the electrical contacts and the float. Where is the float?
Bergerbot

Post by Bergerbot »

It very much could just be the oil light came on at the specific interval. Have you reset the oil light to see if it goes away?
@Bergerbot
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

It got me the first time it came on. It's a service reminder light, not a low pressure indicator.
babblefish wrote:The oil light was designed to turn on to remind the owner to do the first oil change at 1000km. Since we're putting these clusters on used scooters, it means nothing. If you check your oil level, you'll find that it is perfectly fine. To turn off the light, press and hold the "Select" button until the oil light starts flashing then release it. While it is still flashing, press and hold the "Reset" button until the oil light turns off.
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
rlewis02

Post by rlewis02 »

Thanks guys,
Didn't get an owners manual so I didn't know why or how to get the light off but your instructions made it so easy. Now tell me about the clock!
:?: