04 2T Turn signal issue

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

kaveman91KHS

04 2T Turn signal issue

Post by kaveman91KHS »

Once again my 04 2T is giving me a headache !! I lost my turn signals late last year and now I need them back ! When I try to use them my neutral and signal on dash blink on and off as does one of the rear lights and a weak signal light up front. The last 2 days I have been checking for continuity over the wires in my scoots head console . My gas gauge is still not working ( no biggie there) , My head light high and low beams wires that plug into the hi low switch I have continuity regardless of the switch being attached or not . ( grey brown , grey violet, violet brown ) . Sometimes after the scoot sits a while the turn signals work for a few seconds then die completely and won't come back. Today I tried directly wiring the flasher to the battery . They work but the buzzer won't shut off when turning off the signal on the handle. I just bought a new battery . Also note : repaired ignition switch is getting voltage from orange wire back to the regulator via purple wire but voltage is 1 volt lower than actual voltage at battery . Friday I intend to check the wires coming from my stator assy . Does anyone have an idea what is happening and what to do about it ?
willc. :cry:

P.s. Forgot to mention that I am currently running a TX-200 under the seat with an LML stator and LML non electric start flywheel . The scoot runs with no issues with ignition , spark and fuel . I do have to premix ( 50 to 1 ) since the engine doesn't support or have the auto lube feature built in .