Got a Lambretta

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

DarbyWalters

Got a Lambretta

Post by DarbyWalters »

Hey, thanx for all the info here...it came down to $$$ and what I was willing to put out for a scooter. I have always had big bikes but wanted the mpg of a scooter. The Rattler 110 was at the top of the list since I didn't like the look of the "Cat". Well, I took so much time the new Lambretta DUE50 (2 stroke) came in and they gave me a great price for being thier first sale...plus I know them from racing at this shop. $2300.00 Total (TT&L included). I got the Platinim(silver) version. Supposed to get about 80+ mpg and that is what I was looking for...I really like the look and fit (plenty of leg room). Like most of the small 2 stokes it is really built in Taiwan but the styling is to my taste. The double headlight look is cool BUT only the bigger bottom light actually works...but I am going to add an LED light set up off a Bicycle (hardly any draw at all) to complete the front...I wish I could find a good Lambretta Forum like this one but they are mostly for the older scoots.

http://www.lambrettausa.com/default.aspx ...it is the middle scoot
Founder of www.LOSTKJs.com ... Jeep Liberty Forum

Lambretta UNO 150cc 4 Stroke...Hope I can still hang around here!

GY6B...4 Valve Head, 26mm carb, Oil Cooler, High Compression head...all Stock...64mpg Top End.
coopdway

Post by coopdway »

Good luck with your new Lambretta and thanks for the link; I wasn't familiar enough with their models to recall which one you had.

Keep us posted on your mods!
DarbyWalters

Post by DarbyWalters »

Thanx...after more research it is actually a rebadged Adly Panther 50(2T) so I should be able to find some stuff out there for it...

GY6B...4 Valve Head, 26mm carb, Oil Cooler, High Compression head...all Stock...64mpg Top End.
EP_scoot

Post by EP_scoot »

Darby,
congrats on your purchase ! :D

I have to say, last I saw a Lambretta was 20 years ago and the new ones sure don't look like anything from the past. Is it still even the same company or did a Taiwanese company just bought the name to achieve instant brand recognition?

In any case, enjoy your scooting !
Beer is the answer . . . what was the question?

D.
DarbyWalters

Post by DarbyWalters »

They are still making, or remaking the old steel body scooters, but this is the other line. Not Vespa, Genuine,Lambretta Vintage...more like Rattler, Buddy, DUE modern CVT scooters. It is definitely Taiwan built. I will say that I got 114.1 mpg on the first fillup :D

DarbyWalters

Post by DarbyWalters »