Rubber Brake Stop Switch Cover- Stella 2T

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Clipper

Rubber Brake Stop Switch Cover- Stella 2T

Post by Clipper »

Mine's rotted. It covers the front brake stoplight switch just under the lever. I looked through a parts list for the OEM but couldn't find it. I have a 2005 2T. Anybody recognize this and know the part number or where to find a replacement? (1" diameter)
Attachments
stella.jpg
stella.jpg (101.33 KiB) Viewed 607 times
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

Try here:

http://www.scooterloungeonline.com/stel ... dhandlebar

Part number looks to be C-4722375. Price as of today looks to be $3.80.
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
Clipper

Post by Clipper »

Nope, that's not it, unless they radically changed it ? I know this because I also thought that was it, so I ordered it, received it and it's nothing like what was on my Stella.

C-4722375 is the long, thin part on the right.
Attachments
photo.JPG
photo.JPG (67.07 KiB) Viewed 600 times
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

Taking a second look at what you have, it looks more like a grommet than a switch cover. Do you still have the grommet where the brake line goes into the headset?

We have an '05 2T at the garage, I might be able to look this evening if I have time.

Natch, I think I know what it is. It's the rubber boot that goes into the master brake cylinder to keep dirt and grit out of the bore. I've never seen that as a separate part.

EDIT: Aha, it's this bit.

http://www.lambretta-teile.de/Pump-kit- ... 98-My-2011

Not sure where to get it stateside, but that's roughly half what they charge for a complete master cylinder. :P

EDIT #2: Here's a slightly better price, still overseas:

https://www.beedspeed.com/vespa-brake-f ... 0n1ku6lc10
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Clipper

Post by Clipper »

Wow. Thanks! Yes, that looks like the part (upper right in second link pic).

Do you think it maybe could it be #21 - C-3721690 from the scooterloungeonline link?

I'll have to look at the assembly again. Knowing my scooter's history it's certainly possible the previous owner worked on it and put stuff back in the wrong place.
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

C-3721690 is the rubber block that goes on the hydraulic brake line and insulates it where it fits into the headset. It's not exactly round.

Thank you for answering my unasked question regarding ownership. I believe it's a mis-fit part. Check the space where your brake lever pushes into the master cylinder and see if there's a bellows in there.