New Scoot

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

toot

New Scoot

Post by toot »

I have bought 3 Buddy's during my time. A 125 stock, a 170 with the NYC front shocks, and now a Blackjack with 900 miles on it. Without a doubt the Blackjack is the best little canyon scoot! Different ride than the Blur I have. Also better handling than the other Buddy's. Lighter and more nimble than Blur, but does not have the higher top end speed. If you want a carving machine for really tight and technical canyon roads, find a Blackjack and have. Ball!!! :D
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

The Blackjack seems to be the Buddy where PGO got everything exactly right. What kind of speeds were you doing in the canyons (or how tight were the curves)? The Buddy has a tighter wheelbase, but I have heard the 220 Blur is more agile than other 200cc scoots. Perhaps it was more a matter weight. The additional suspension travel on the Blur requires a heavier chassis and suspension components.
2013 Buddy 125, Prima Pipe, #95 main jet, Orange CDI
toot

Post by toot »

I was talking about the tight radius curves with steep inclines. The Buddy is lighter weight and has a shorter wheel base. Just so much fun to throw around. Don't get me wrong. I ride the Blur through all the canyons. That is the whole reason I own it. But some such as Los Flores or La Tuna in Malibu it is just Fun Fun Fun. I ride my Blur as well I just love the way it handles . I wish it had maybe a 350cc. That would be so cool.
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

Maybe a BV 350 is your next port of call.
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

I'd like to stay with Genuine but the BV 350 will likely be my next if I get a freeway scoot. The Burgman 400 is nice but, quite a bit heavier.
2013 Buddy 125, Prima Pipe, #95 main jet, Orange CDI