Warped Center Stand

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Clipper

Warped Center Stand

Post by Clipper »

I went to park my Stella 2T on it's center stand and it wobbled. A lot. I thought maybe the ground was uneven. I looked and the two legs were no longer parallel, the right one was an inch or two further forward.

I removed it, put it in a vice and used a pipe bender to straighten it out, so it's good now. But it makes wonder what happened. Was this something gradual that I didn't notice until it got really bad? I suppose some kids could have been jumping on it while it was parked, too, but that's not terribly likely

Is this a common thing? Has anybody else had an issue with the center stand warping like that?
Neurotic-Hapi-Snak

Post by Neurotic-Hapi-Snak »

Do you use the kick starter a lot or sit on it while it's on the stand? Yes, the center stand bending is pretty common, that's why they sell reinforced stands. More common if you kick start, especially with a high compression kit. I would replace the stand since it's now probably weakened after bending and being bent back.
Clipper

Post by Clipper »

A ha! I use the kick starter everytime. My electric start is awol. That makes sense, thanks for the insight.
viney266

Post by viney266 »

Buy this

http://www.scooterworks.com/centerstand ... U96RfC1RH4

Best $40 you will ever spend
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
Stitch

Post by Stitch »

I'm almost afraid to ask what you are doing when you kickstart to bend the center stand.
"Stella" is Latin for "use threadlocker on all fasteners"
JohnKiniston

Post by JohnKiniston »

I have a friend who 'Jump Starts' her bike because she's a small woman, It's kinda like Karate I think.
Stitch

Post by Stitch »

Lol. I was picturing some sort of kick flip off the seat
"Stella" is Latin for "use threadlocker on all fasteners"