Best bang for your buck (not buck ten!) mods?

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

afriendofcheese

Best bang for your buck (not buck ten!) mods?

Post by afriendofcheese »

I'm looking to make some mods to my Rattler 50cc in the near future to get the flat ground top speed up higher than 30-35 and especially better speed going up hill. Other than being de-restricted nothing else has been done to it.
Any suggestions for where I could start and not get into the multi hundred dollar range?
mattgordon

Re: Best bang for your buck (not buck ten!) mods?

Post by mattgordon »

afriendofcheese wrote:I'm looking to make some mods to my Rattler 50cc in the near future to get the flat ground top speed up higher than 30-35 and especially better speed going up hill. Other than being de-restricted nothing else has been done to it.
Any suggestions for where I could start and not get into the multi hundred dollar range?
Those who use a windscreen often claim 3~5 mph better on the top end...I don't like them, so I can't confirm, but Genuine IS offering one for the Rattler now. Worth consideration.
Attachments
accessories_tn.jpg
accessories_tn.jpg (14.99 KiB) Viewed 1232 times
squerlo

Getting over 50mph

Post by squerlo »

I have a 2006 black cat. No de-catting for me, i love the vintage nostalgia of the black cat graphics.
I took off the regulators/governors and I can hit 52-53 mph on the flats.
I am very suprised you are only hitting 35 mph.
To answer your question. Get the prima performance pipe, rollers, and stage 1 jet kit. It costs $216 through Scooter Invasion. Really easy to self install.
That is the most bang for your buck, always will be.
For a 2 stroke engine, a pipe should always be your first upgrade.
Biggest difference and cheapest cost.