Odometer Is Stuck...

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

srbbnd

Odometer Is Stuck...

Post by srbbnd »

My odometer is stuck at 2999, wont click over to 3000. It goes 2999.1 to 2999.9 then almost clicks over to 3000 but cant quite make it. Is there a way to open that sucker up and force it?
srbbnd

Post by srbbnd »

The answer to this question is no. Took the headset off, got the speedometer off, the metal containing the clear plastic protector is bent over it 360 degrees. Maybe if you had four hands, and four flat heads, maybe..., not worth it.
Neurotic-Hapi-Snak

Post by Neurotic-Hapi-Snak »

Welcome to the world of vintage Vespas and clones. The good news is you'll always have that Stella 4T with under 3000 mi. :twisted: Ironically, my '12, that I probably purchased after you is on 4400 mi, aiming fro 10K before I garage her before I leave for Japan.
srbbnd

Post by srbbnd »

It was driving me insane, I have to see the odometer go up. I spent a few hours researching the digital sip speedometer, but after I kept digging it looked like the installation was beyond me. After spending way too much time today I finally got the metal rounded out enough to pull it off. I lubed it up and tried to force it. No luck. I took out a drill and jammed a piece of wood in it and stuck it in the back while putting pressure on the numbers it popped over to 3000 but it was it was on 3000.4 when it would switch from the 4 numeral, after a little bit of manipulation I finally got it to switch over to 3004.0 on the dot. I finally got everything back together, that fricking speedo cable is the devil. Everything seems to be working, except now my speed reads a little higher on gears 1 through 3 and reads a little lower on gear 4. Hopefully when I roll around to 4000 it doesn't get stuck again. I have always wanted to go to Japan, but I think I would be disappointed because people won't look like they do in all the anime I watch. I want to see giants eating people from the survey corps, Ryuk writing some names down and parasytes taking over peoples bodies and eating people. This is where I get all my "information" on Japan.
Attachments
3000.jpg
3000.jpg (70.83 KiB) Viewed 456 times
Open Sesame.jpg
Open Sesame.jpg (80.59 KiB) Viewed 456 times
Odometer.jpg
Odometer.jpg (82.48 KiB) Viewed 456 times