4t Oil change frequency

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

xTomBx

4t Oil change frequency

Post by xTomBx »

How often should I be changing my oil?
I've put about 1400 miles on my 4t stella, Argyle, since its last service early last year.
I haven't taken it out yet this year because I havent had the time to do an oil change. Should I go ahead and ride, do you think it would be ok?
The Michigan weather is beautiful and I die a little inside each day i'm not on Argyle...
Stilts

Post by Stilts »

I ride mine hard, so keep that in mind.

I go every 2000 mi or with the change of seasons, whichever comes first. It certainly wouldn't hurt you to change yours at 1400 mi, esp if you do it yourself.
xTomBx

Post by xTomBx »

Dang, I was afraid of that. Its been sitting since October-ish. so probably definitely overdue.
I'm hoping to do the change myself (for the first time), have the filter, just need fresh oil.

Thanks!
JohnKiniston

Post by JohnKiniston »

Changing the filter is the 'hard' part of it since you have to take the wheel off.

There was a video on youtube that was for dealers showing how to do the first service, I can't find it now.

Be careful with the filter cover hardware.

Use a proper multi-point socket for taking the oil screen cover off so you don't chew it up.
Stilts

Post by Stilts »

Oil change portion starts about 5:00 in

https://vimeo.com/20618680