Advice on Possible Purchase

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

charlie55

Advice on Possible Purchase

Post by charlie55 »

There's an '05 Stella near me that's listed at $1100. Only has about 2K miles on it. The only thing about it that's suspicious is this (excerpt from listing):

"I already did the piston work that this model was known for so its so reliable now."

Piston/ring job after only 2K miles? And the Stella's "known" for this? I dunno, sounds more to me like someone's seized it up and probably due letting the oil run dry.

Any opinions from you Stella folks would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Charlie
avescoots1134

Post by avescoots1134 »

According to the couple vague Craigslist ads, it seems to be repainted. And probably spray painted.

Combine that with some most likely beginner mechanical work and you can find a lot better for $1100.
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

avescoots1134 wrote:According to the couple vague Craigslist ads, it seems to be repainted. And probably spray painted.

Combine that with some most likely beginner mechanical work and you can find a lot better for $1100.
Yeah, that's what my inner voice is telling me. If this is the same guy, he's been trying to sell this one (at ever-decreasing prices) since late last year. Probably not even worth my time to go look at it. Thanks!