NCY Direct Ignition Coil on a RH50

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

JewelryMonk

NCY Direct Ignition Coil on a RH50

Post by JewelryMonk »

Has anyone added a NCY Direct Ignition Coil to their RH50? http://www.scooterworks.com/ncy-direct- ... ZhMkPlVhBc
Wondering if it makes a difference and if there are any videos on how to hook it up.
Roughhouse 50
70cc upgrade
19mm Malossi with Racing air filter
Prima Pipe
6.0g Sliders and stronger spring
JewelryMonk

Post by JewelryMonk »

Anyone?
Roughhouse 50
70cc upgrade
Prima Pipe
JewelryMonk

Post by JewelryMonk »

Any help at all?
Roughhouse 50
70cc upgrade
Prima Pipe
FreeDivr

Post by FreeDivr »

Just bought a RH today, keep us posted if you find out any info! In addition, did you notice a significant difference in your 70cc upgrades?
lovemysan

Post by lovemysan »

I've never seen an ignition modification that wasn't vaporware. The stock components are very good. The only ignition mod I've ever had success with is a advancing the timing by moving the the ignition pickup. You can also purchase an offset wood-ruff key for the flywheel to accomplish the same thing. I personally did the timing advance by elongating the holes in the ignition pickup. Its not a very noticeable difference but you can tell. I did this on my buddy 125. I haven't done it on a 2 stroke. Advancing timing and carb tuning is very popular with the chainsaw guys over at arboristsite. The build 2 stroke saws up 120cc so it can't be too much different.
161cc big bore kit, NCY big valve head Hand ported, NCY transmission kit, jetted and tuned. I can port your cylinder head.
Jujifruit

Post by Jujifruit »

Hey hey. I've done the whole NCY Direct ignition Coil. Not a great experience. Broke the first one trying to install it. Yeah, first one. Not being one to give up easily, I decided to go for round two. Got it on, really liked it, then broke it. -_- Not happy. Wired up the old boot.
It doesn't seem to fit the RH. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but, I have spent $120 bucks and time to end up with two busted NCY Direct Ignition Coils. If someone else figures it out, I would love to know.