Blinkers not blinking

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

keltick

Blinkers not blinking

Post by keltick »

I replaced the dash lights tonight with LED testing along the way. Everything worked perfectly, it is only a bulb replacement after all. Once it was all put back together the left side blinkers no longer worked. The left handlebar indicator and its dash partner are at about half brightness constantly. I tried putting the old bulbs back in and same result. The hazards only blink the right side. I have LED throughout currently with the BOB adapter. Thoughts? BOB malfunctioning? Short? Seems unlikely, but maybe the relay?

I ran out of light tonight but trying to come up possibilities before I get back at it tomorrow.
Syd

Post by Syd »

Bad ground?
The majority is always sane - Nessus
thatvwbusguy

Post by thatvwbusguy »

Make sure that the ground tab on the side of the bulb and the power tab at the base of the bulb are both making good contact. Since Genuine decided to make the entire turn signal housing out of plastic, we have to depend on the small metal tabs to complete the circuit.

I have thought that I had a dead bulb a couple times after installation, only to find that one of the metal tabs had bent a little bit and was no longer making contact.
If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.

Jay Brown
Newmarket, NH

Scooter Accessories:
https://sites.google.com/site/vanagonhe ... oter-stuff
keltick

Post by keltick »

Finally had some daylight to pull the whole thing apart. It appears the BOB adapter on that side went out. Remove it and everything works fine.

So now to take it apart and figure out what is wrong with that. At least I have indicators in the meantime.