Why are brakepads seemingly such a rarity?

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Why are brakepads seemingly such a rarity?

Post by 360 »

I generally wait until absolutely necessary to bring my bike in for repairs (usually by that time racking up 2 or 3 problems) because it always seems to take forever if it requires replacing ANY part. This time, I brought my bike in for two reasons. One, hoping they could fix the issue with it not starting after it rains, that I’ve brought up on this forum before (which they say they can’t replicate despite leaving it out in the rain…but betcha I’ll still be able to once I get it back, unfortunately) and two, to get my brake pads replaced.

The second one seems simple enough, right? Except my bike has been in the shop for over THREE WEEKS now waiting for brake pads! Why does it seem like there are never any parts for these bikes? (this was an issue with the Blur 150 AND the 220i) Especially when the US distributor is based in Chicago (where I am)! How do you never have parts for the bike you distribute? Chicago summers aren’t very long and it’s extremely frustrating whenever I have a minor issue that then eats up half the summer.

Anyone else run into problems with obscene wait times to get simple parts?
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

My local dealer doesn't stock any Blur parts since they've only sold like two of them. I buy all of my parts online either through www.scooterloungeonline.com, eBay, or one of the many other online scooter parts dealers. Brake pads should not be a problem to get because the Blur uses the same pads as many other scooters. Be sure to use the search term "pgo", xmax, and x-max in your searches as well as "genuine" and "blur". While PGO scooters use a lot of "generic" parts, some are PGO specific. I currently have a parts order through scooterlounge, but it's taking quite a long time due I suspect to them having to order the parts from PGO Taiwan (engine gaskets).
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
avescoots1134

Post by avescoots1134 »

Genuine is currently dealing with a mini-crisis of parts being out of stock. Apparently the person who was in charge of that ran it into the ground then quit.
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

avescoots1134 wrote:Genuine is currently dealing with a mini-crisis of parts being out of stock. Apparently the person who was in charge of that ran it into the ground then quit.
Well that sucks. Thanks for the update. I hope Genuine gets things straightened out soon.

Post by 360 »

Thanks for the feedback, that's good to know!

It seems brake pads are one of those specific parts. The shop told me they tried to use standard brake pads but they didn't fit, so they had to order some...and three and a half weeks later I'm still waiting.
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

I actually found several sources for brake pads on eBay by searching under "pgo gmax 150 brake pads", although some are in Great Britain. I also found some on one of MB's sponsors, AF1 Racing (https://www.af1racing.com/store/Scripts ... egory=2761). And of course, they're listed on Scooterlounge's website.

The good news is, I received my entire order from Scooterlounge today - bunch of gaskets, 2 oil filters, and a rubber plug thingy.:D
viney266

Post by viney266 »

If your dealer was smart He can use his EBC book to cross reference the brake pads to EBC numbers, just sayin :)
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?