80's style badge?

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

lastusername

80's style badge?

Post by lastusername »

Hey, I've been looking for months to try to find one of these things:

And I haven't had any luck. I have a 2nd hand yellow de-badged Stella 4t and I need some badges, and I love that font. In fact, my goal is to (affordably) make a Stella version of this bike:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/greentree ... 7147805496
So, any advice on finding a similar seat and racing stripes is also very appreciated.

Does anyone have an extra laying around, or know somewhere that might?

Thanks!
srbbnd

Post by srbbnd »

I have had an eye out for this emblem for a while, no such luck. I think they used to be on Ebay.
JohnKiniston

Post by JohnKiniston »

Those came from the Stellaspeed forums.

http://www.scootercentral.net/forums/

I haven't seen any for sale for years.
ArgonV

Post by ArgonV »

Personally, I think the style doesn't match the classic look of the scooter very well...
lastusername

Post by lastusername »

I disagree. The Stella is built with the same boxy 80's P-series motif, so to me the script "Stella" logo looks out of place. If a Stella was as curvy as a classic 60's era Vespa then it would fit. The Vespa designers chose that font for a reason. The Stella isn't 60's Classic, it's 80's Classic.
Neurotic-Hapi-Snak

Post by Neurotic-Hapi-Snak »

Anybody want to go in on an order of these badges? Someone posted up the vector of the badge on Stella Speed a while back and there are plenty of custom emblem makers out there. I was also thinking of something like S150X, ST150, or S150E for the cowls, like the P150X/PX150 on the P series.
BigDaddy SnakeOiler

Post by BigDaddy SnakeOiler »

Neurotic-Hapi-Snak wrote:Anybody want to go in on an order of these badges? Someone posted up the vector of the badge on Stella Speed a while back and there are plenty of custom emblem makers out there. I was also thinking of something like S150X, ST150, or S150E for the cowls, like the P150X/PX150 on the P series.
I would go for 150_4T.
If you ever get these together, let me know.
<a href="https://www.facebook.com/bigdaddyOTR/">
Big Daddy Scooter Bum Blog</a>
<a href="https://www.facebook.com/bigdaddy.snakeoiler">
BigDaddy on FaceBook</a>
Neurotic-Hapi-Snak

I don't want to leave out the 2T folks, so I'd probably go with a cowl badge that could work for either, and the LML Star folks across the pond.
srbbnd

Post by srbbnd »

I am down let me know, all of my Stella emblems have fallen off. I used to do a little graphic design work on the side as well if you need help.
Neurotic-Hapi-Snak wrote:Anybody want to go in on an order of these badges? Someone posted up the vector of the badge on Stella Speed a while back and there are plenty of custom emblem makers out there. I was also thinking of something like S150X, ST150, or S150E for the cowls, like the P150X/PX150 on the P series.
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

I'd go for a few sets. There was a user on StellaSpeed (now ScooterCentral) who drove production of the last batch. Maybe they could offer some guidance in bringing them back?

I'd also be willing to help front production costs, just to see them get done.
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
Neurotic-Hapi-Snak

The hard part with the design will be getting the font right, anybody know a font that is pretty close? I have access to Adobe Illustrator at college.

And if there isn't enough interest to do enough chrome badges for a reasonable price, would anyone be interested in vinyl decals instead? They won't look as good, of course, but they are much more reasonably priced for small orders.
lastusername

Post by lastusername »

I'd be interested in getting in on a 'stella' badge. Unsure about the cowl badges.
Stilts

Post by Stilts »

Look for font called Primavera
jnthnlsn

Post by jnthnlsn »

Did this ever go anywhere? I'd be interested to get in on it, or pick up any remaining.