Don't understand grocery bag hook

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

elektrobank

Don't understand grocery bag hook

Post by elektrobank »

The hook is on the seat side and very low, how on earth is someone supposed to hook a grocery bag on there?! Does anyone use it for carrying groceries, if so how? I ordered a cargo net and am hoping I can hook it on there and wrap the net around my bags.
luckyscroller788

Post by luckyscroller788 »

I use mine for a helmet hook.
Clydeo

Bag hook

Post by Clydeo »

In our neck of the woods, stores generally use plastic bags with built in "handles" on them. I just stick the handles around the hook, and the bags stay in place, with the help of my knees. It actually works quite well!
My wife uses fabric bags (also with handles). They work even better.
I also have a back pack with a top carrying strap. I put the strap on the hook, and the back pack stays in place, even when loaded. The pack rests on the floor, so it holds a lot more than a grocery sack would.
If all this is less than clear, let me know, and I will try to post some pics.
The bag hook is really useful, and is one of my favorite features of my scoot. The scoot is a far better urban shopping vehicle then my motorcycle is.
elektrobank

Re: Bag hook

Post by elektrobank »

I tried it with plastic bags. When you put the handles around the hook you practically have to lay the bags flat because the hook is too low.
Clydeo wrote:In our neck of the woods, stores generally use plastic bags with built in "handles" on them. I just stick the handles around the hook, and the bags stay in place, with the help of my knees. It actually works quite well!
My wife uses fabric bags (also with handles). They work even better.
I also have a back pack with a top carrying strap. I put the strap on the hook, and the back pack stays in place, even when loaded. The pack rests on the floor, so it holds a lot more than a grocery sack would.
If all this is less than clear, let me know, and I will try to post some pics.
The bag hook is really useful, and is one of my favorite features of my scoot. The scoot is a far better urban shopping vehicle then my motorcycle is.
KooK

Post by KooK »

Please post a pic of what you are talking about. We have hooks?
laurfunkle

Post by laurfunkle »

KooK wrote:Please post a pic of what you are talking about. We have hooks?
Yep! If you look at your seat it's on the column under the front of the seat, between the seat and floorboard (right above your oil reservoir door).
R50Rider

Post by R50Rider »

Generally I just keep whatever I carry on the floorboard between my feet and usually just for short trips. It's an added bonus to have a hook to latch a bag or something onto. The only time I'd be concerned about laying something on it's side would be if it was fragile or would spill something. The biggest thing I ever carried was a 20lb. box of kitty litter but I've seen some awesome pics of people in other places around the world and how creative they can get to move stuff around. :clown: