Fabricator extraordinaire needed for light mod.

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

supremekizzle

Fabricator extraordinaire needed for light mod.

Post by supremekizzle »

Hey guys, I know I have a Kymco, but honestly that community is dead as a doornail and you guys seem pretty cool. My scooter comes with lights that are supposed to be integrated into the body, but due to US laws regarding the separation distance between turn signals, the light sockets were sealed off and the stalk style turn signals were put on. I'm wondering if anyone could help me find a bulb size (preferably led) and a socket that would fit in the normal spot and how I would secure it.

Here's where the blinkers should be.

But it's sealed off :(

These are the blinkers now

That bulb would be too big to fit in the hole so I'd need a new socket.

And this is the connector used.

Really hope you guys can help!!!! Thanks
avescoots1134

Post by avescoots1134 »

thatvwbusguy

Post by thatvwbusguy »

The T10 bulbs should work pretty well for this modification, since they only require a 1/2" hole for the grommet.

Do you plan on hooking these up to be used along with the DOT signals, or did you want to eliminate the DOT signals?

The connectors you show in the original post look like standard bullet connectors. Measure the outer diameter of the bullets and I will see if I have any of the corresponding female side.

If you use an LED flasher, the need for load resistors is eliminated and you will reduce power consumption.
If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.

Jay Brown
Newmarket, NH

Scooter Accessories:
https://sites.google.com/site/vanagonhe ... oter-stuff
supremekizzle

Post by supremekizzle »

I just bought a tail light from England to get the integrated blinkers. It was cheap enough. I also bought some ba15d lights and sockets for the fronts, but they were way too big so I ordered some t10 sockets and lights that should work. I'm keeping the dot lights as well. The two will alternate. I've eliminated the rear wheel guard and also the rear mud flap. I also painted the bike and took off the reflectors. Once all the mods are finished, I'll post up some before and after shots.
laurfunkle

Post by laurfunkle »

Sounds awesome! Can't wait to see pictures.
supremekizzle

Post by supremekizzle »

Well here she is. Newly painted. Removed trunk and half the license plate holder. Remover rear wheel guard. Added blinkers into the stock places so I have two sets. One set on stalks, one in non-usa position. I wired them to alternate blinking. Leds added all around. I think it's an improvement. I may add led accent lighting somewhere else on the bike but have read that the stator on these suck big time, then again I've reduced the load on the system by going led in other places. Hope it looks good from an outside perspective! Thanks

Before:

After:

Syd

Post by Syd »

Nice work. I like it, but I would put the inner fender back on, just for keeping things clean.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

Agreed. Inner fender won't change the look but will keep things much cleaner and safer.

Excellent paint scheme. Looks great.