what gloves do you wear?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

EvilNerdLord

what gloves do you wear?

Post by EvilNerdLord »

my cortech gloves ARE falling apart, I've had them since '05 and my heavy cruiser days..

Now I need new, so what are folks wearing? i was thinking of these:

http://www.amazon.com/Rapdom-Tactical-C ... cal+gloves

since motorcyle specific gloves are so damn expensive, but I like having hard protection.
Professional nerd, Cube dweller, and wannabe Evil Overlord (OK, maybe not too evil or lord over more than I can manage...well,­ on second thought make that Suburbanite just trying to make his way in the world as best he can)
keltick

Post by keltick »

Spend the money and get proper gloves. These are good and not terribly expensive. http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/revit-bomber-gloves
bluebessie

Post by bluebessie »

Not sure mine will help but this is what I've been wearing this summer.
http://www.amazon.com/Cortech-Womens-Te ... omens+DX+2

I was riding for hours in 90 degree weather though and while a little sweaty they weren't too bad.

Need to look ahead to winter though.
Last edited by bluebessie on Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
KrispyKreme

Gauntlet style.

Post by KrispyKreme »

BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

I am kind of a glove slut. This summer my go to summer gloves have been BMW airflow
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
Syd

Post by Syd »

I've got my eyes on the Aerostitch Elkskin ropers.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
EvilNerdLord

Post by EvilNerdLord »

is it me of have the prices of gear really jumped?...seem like it since I first outfitted myself. :shock:
Professional nerd, Cube dweller, and wannabe Evil Overlord (OK, maybe not too evil or lord over more than I can manage...well,­ on second thought make that Suburbanite just trying to make his way in the world as best he can)
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

What you're looking at look pretty good, though not 'riding specific' they'd likely offer just as much protection.
I've been wearing a pair of these, http://www.rangerjoes.com/CamelBak-Glov ... P3921.aspx for 3 or 4 years now, they're actually what my son was issued during one of his deployments, I've been pleased with them, they're just about given up now...
As for 'riding specific' gloves, 'Olimpia' brand are not too costly, also look at what CycleGear has, they've some pretty good looking gloves as well.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (12.59 KiB) Viewed 2659 times
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba
EvilNerdLord

Post by EvilNerdLord »

I'm going to have a look at bike bandit's sale table...you never now, I might get lucky and find my size...
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

EvilNerdLord wrote:is it me of have the prices of gear really jumped?...seem like it since I first outfitted myself. :shock:
Only in California. Record high temperatures destroyed the vinyl crop, and the drought caused a huge Nauga die-off.
Whimscootie

Post by Whimscootie »

I like my Cortech DX gloves. First pair was red. Second pair black.

Still use them both.

Love 'em!

:)
Scootin' for a slower pace of life...
www.49ccscooterlife.blogspot.com
Benzo Mike

Post by Benzo Mike »

Alpinestars. Have 3 pairs. Light, medium, and battle-ready.
New signature - you don't care what else I have, and I don't care to tell you about it. I have a 2009 Buddy Italia, let's leave it at that.
Stormswift

Post by Stormswift »

I got Icon Pursuit for regular wather and much cheaper version for summer. I Like both but persuits were on half price sale and this was first thing I bought so perhaps it was a overkill price-wise
I am not a scooter snob.
I am a scooter connoisseur
skully93

Post by skully93 »

I have all kinds of gloves.

Olympia 410's for summer
Olympia midweight gloves for Spring/Fall or long distance where I want more armor
Sliders winter gloves.

Many others have come and gone.
Xsquader

Post by Xsquader »

Some crappy 2 dollar work gloves from lowes.
MrCelloBoy

Harley gloves, Others; depending on the season

Post by MrCelloBoy »

Summertime, Genuine leather unlined, like these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/3804558240 ... rid=229466

Winter, Dry:
Leather lined, like Luftwaffe gloves; http://www.loveitsomuch.com/stores/luft ... 5.html/236

Winter. wet, like these: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/HEAD-Wat ... 84784.html
'81 Honda Twinstar 200
'81 Honda CX500
'77 Yamaha XS650
'09 Aprilia Scarabeo 200
'09 Genuine Buddy Italia 150
EvilNerdLord

Post by EvilNerdLord »

EvilNerdLord wrote:I'm going to have a look at bike bandit's sale table...you never now, I might get lucky and find my size...
what a rip...
you only get 'the deals' IF you take the express delivery, for a set of gloves I liked, THAT WAS MORE THAN THE GLOVES THEMSELVES! :shock: :x
Syd

Post by Syd »

charlie55 wrote:
EvilNerdLord wrote:is it me of have the prices of gear really jumped?...seem like it since I first outfitted myself. :shock:
Only in California. Record high temperatures destroyed the vinyl crop, and the drought caused a huge Nauga die-off.
I'm paying attention. :)
libwitch

Post by libwitch »

Syd wrote:I've got my eyes on the Aerostitch Elkskin ropers.
I bought these in early spring and I love them. They worked well in my 45 degree morning rides then, and they were not too hot even in the 90+ degree days this summer.

Haven't had to do it yet, but I suspect I will be able to fit liners under them easily enough if I need to.
GamerMontu

Post by GamerMontu »

I love these Corazzo gloves for summer:

https://www.corazzo.net/product/carbone-gloves/

For winter, I actually bought snowmobile gloves. I don't have a link to them, unfortunately.
Wolfhound

Post by Wolfhound »

Go to leatherup.com and check on gloves. They have just about every style, winter/summer gloves that you could ask for. Either way get full fingered padded knuckle gloves. I have bought fro, leatherup before and have alwasys been satisfied with their products. Excelement products are good. :wink:
Growing old is inevitible, being old is not.
So be your self. Every one else is already taken!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I have bought many, many pairs of gloves and have had to learn repeatedly that cheap ones aren't worth it. I have trouble passing up a deal, I guess.

Sadly, even the lower end stuff from companies that make some of the best gloves tends to be crap. I've had FirstGear and Olympia gloves fall apart after a season.

So the ones I wear these days…
Abel Brown "X" full glove: My review

Icon 1000 Rimfire: Did great in a crash! Yay! Then I lost one.

Corazzo Caldo: A little lightweight for me in some ways but feel great and have superior dexterity.

A couple pairs of long discontinued Thinsulate-lined Belstaff and Hein Gericke gloves. The HGs have "Racing" on them, which makes me faster.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Rune

Post by Rune »

Mechanix Wear MPT-58-012 M-Pact fit great and work well
george54

Post by george54 »

All good advice to not cheap out when buying gear.

I always check motorcyclegear.com for all my stuff. Their items on closeout are ridiculously low. Gloves, boots, jackets, helmet- I've bought everything from them in past few years. The items are first quality, not seconds, but in many cases are the manufacturer's previous year's style. Who cares? No one will know or care. (I'm only a very satisfied customer, nothing more.)
Syd

Post by Syd »

Last year I bought a pair of the lined Aerostitch Deerskin Ropers and a pair of the unlined Elkskin Ropers. The unlined Ropers run a little large (or I measured my hand wrong), but are still breaking in. the lined Ropers are comfy and warm. Highly recommended.
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

In the summer, I sometimes wear handball gloves. The old-school 'outdoor' kind for use with the solid handballs. They're real leather, so they won't melt to your hands in a slide, they've got some ventilation on the back, and they have double layer palms with some extra padding inbetween, so they absorb a little grip vibration.
Feel da rhythm! Feel da rhyme! Get on up! It's Buddy Time!
WileE

Post by WileE »

Xsquader wrote:Some crappy 2 dollar work gloves from lowes.
That's what I started with. Then I upgraded to some cheap ($15) warm weather gloves I found on motorcyclegear.com. Much more comfortable.

I need to replace those and get some cold weather gloves. I recommend getting something made for riding. Your fingers will thank you.
lefthandedrighty

Post by lefthandedrighty »

i wear the ICON 29er gloves

love em, and when they go will be getting another pair

granted, i only ride in the spring, summer, fall

these are no the warmest, but have good vents and grip on the palms

also a little paddin on the palm too
—————————————————————
2009 Buddy 125
1980 Yamaha XS1100 Rigid Bobber
libwitch

Post by libwitch »

Syd wrote:I've got my eyes on the Aerostitch Elkskin ropers.
I love these - they are very comfortable and really work all around seasons.