No Spark Stella (new cdi/stator/lead/plug, kill disabled)

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

MISSJACKSON

No Spark Stella (new cdi/stator/lead/plug, kill disabled)

Post by MISSJACKSON »

If anyone can help, it would be absolutely appreciated.

I am working on a 2008 Stella 150 2t that has no spark. Wiring is isolated to the stator red/green/white connected to the blue Ducati cdi/coil which is grounded properly to case.

Steps I've already done:
1. new ht lead and plug
2. new stator (red/white: 110ohms; green/white:500ohms, 50+V when kicking)
3. new blue Ducati cdi/coil (How do you properly test this? What multimeter values should I be getting?)
4. flywheel magnet test with wrench ok
5. inspected woodruff key ok
6. completely cut the green/white kill wire

Have I missed anything?

:headache:
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

I believe the coil and CDI are separate on these bikes. An '08 should have a red box in the cavity behind the battery box. Remove the battery, remove the four bolts that hold the battery box to the frame and lift the box out. You should find the red CDI box in that space.
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
MISSJACKSON

Post by MISSJACKSON »

Originally they are. I've swapped out both the red/grey combo with the single blue Ducati and matching stator. Have also tested with original red/grey combo to no avail.

How do you properly test the Ducati cdi/coil? It is brand new.
jimmbomb

Post by jimmbomb »

I had in 08 once, that the bracket holding the coil to the frame broke. It separated and was dangling by the spark plug wire but it wasn't far enough away that I could immediately see it. I just happened to tug on the wire at some point and found the movement on the coil end. So I had taken off the coul mount from the bike had it welded back together. & It worked right. Until it broke again. Then I had a mechanic welded up properly and it worked fine until I sold the bike. So you might want to check the coil bracket which I'm sure you have and make sure that it's not broken or cracked because that's what caused my spark loss on my 08 and I've heard that a few more times on this and other forums about the O8
good luck
J H
[URL=https:///]Image[/URL] upload pics