Gmax/Blur 2010 Tachometer/speedometer strange issue

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

dodo06

Gmax/Blur 2010 Tachometer/speedometer strange issue

Post by dodo06 »

Hi everyone, I really need your technical knowledge and skills here since I'm not really experienced like many of you.. I searched online throughly but failed to find a solution so this forum is my only solution.

Regarding the strange problem, I have GMAX 2010 (50cc) and instruction panel is the problem . When I turn the main switch on, I only see an empty blue screen (no number is visible for the digital speedometer, mileage, gas level ). Also the light on the right corner (red circle with X) is on. Tachomer either doesn't move or moves once and gets stuck at certain number without moving. However, when I turn the switch off, as soon as I turn it off tachometer moves up and down once and led screen displays correct information regarding speed (0km), gas level, and mileage for 2 seconds and turns off.

I got the main switch, battery changed but sill the issue is there. Everything is working (head,tail, signal lights , horn break lights etc) except the instruction panel (speedometer/tachometer).

I tried to check the service manual and wiring diagrams i found online but apparently it is for older models. I don't know what to do and don't really have budget to pay another $200-300$ to the mechanic.

I would appreciate your help. Thanks a lot!

Here's the photo of the panel (I checked inside nothing seems to be broken on the circuit):

Image[/img]
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

I see another problem too, everything on your tach face is backwards. Ha, just kidding.
I have not seen any schematics for the digital clock. I think that if something is electrically wrong with it, it can not be repaired and will have to be replaced. The only thing I know to check is if the battery voltage getting to it is at least 12v because if it is less, the display might do strange things. BTW, that red X in the circle always turns on for a few seconds then turns off when you first turn the ignition key on. If it stays on, it means your engine kill switch is turned on, or actually, set to kill the engine.

And welcome to Modern Buddy. Where are you from? We don't have G-Max 50 here in the USA.
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
dodo06

Post by dodo06 »

Thanks for the reply babblefish :) ! I live in Canada near Montreal.

I'll try to measure voltage for the instruction panel cable as you suggested but the problem is, it is a 15 pin connector so I'm not sure how to measure it properly.. Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot.
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

I'm not 100% sure which wires carry the 12v to the cluster, but I'm going to guess it's the red and black wires. They are sitting next to each other in that 15 pin connector. Look at picture #12 of this thread to see what I mean, eh.:wink:

topic6613.html
dodo06

Post by dodo06 »

I just checked and only orange cable has 12V. All others are at mV level. Is this normal?
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

I don't really know since I've never had to troubleshoot any problems with my cluster. Sorry. The mv readings makes sense though because other than the 12v supply and feedback from the fuel level sensor, all of the other wires are just inputs from switches such as turn signal and kill switch. I would think if the key switch was on and you activated say one of the turn signals, you would see a voltage on one of the 15 pin connector going up and down.
dodo06

Post by dodo06 »

I might have found the source of the problem. I just checked the regulator as it's described in the servicr manual and here is my results:

I'll need to get a new regulator I guess..