Does the mfg warranty cover the little rubber bits?

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ArgonV

Does the mfg warranty cover the little rubber bits?

Post by ArgonV »

The rubber sleeve that goes over the Neutral light wire plug is all cracked and split. Also, apparently I've been missing the rubber cap that goes on the steering column hole facing you when you are sitting. Any one have any idea what other rubber bits usually fail? My battery strap seems fine for now (I read about that one).

The scooter is almost 3 years old, but I've owned her since last Dec, she was bought new with only 30ish miles. I've had to replace the rear tire, battery, clutch cable, and the fuel over floating cut off valve. Of course she has had an oil/filter change... I have over 1600 miles on her now. 8)
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

Those are sadly thought of as consumables and aren't covered. Luckily they aren't that expensive though. On mine, the rubber bit that holds the flasher relay perished. Electrical and duct tape are your friends if you wanna go cheap and not replace the rubber bits as I suspect they'll just break again especially if it's LML quality rubber.... :roll:
Rune

Post by Rune »

Perhaps some dabs of liquid electrical tape would help? Used to love the stuff on my RC cars to help waterproof.
BigDaddy SnakeOiler

Post by BigDaddy SnakeOiler »

My dealer, Philadelphia Scooters, has always been very cool with that stuff. They replaced the battery strap, stand feet and other bits that break. Sounds like you're out of warranty though.
<a href="https://www.facebook.com/bigdaddyOTR/">
Big Daddy Scooter Bum Blog</a>
<a href="https://www.facebook.com/bigdaddy.snakeoiler">
BigDaddy on FaceBook</a>