roughhouse

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jonas azamus

roughhouse

Post by jonas azamus »

hi guys
i just bought a roughhouse 50 2015 its my first moped and i have no idea how to maintain it
the scooter is in verry good conditions only 1900 miles ,and i want keep it running like that any advices please (oil battery .....)
RoaringTodd

Post by RoaringTodd »

Welcome to the forum. May I suggest you go back to your dealer for service? They know your scooter very well and can service it for you. Support your dealer :-)
Just because I am Deaf ... does not mean I can't roar.
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

I'm going to suggest you were on the right track. Learn to service your own scooter. Just because you take it into the dealer, doesn't mean they are going to do a better job than you can do yourself. The RH50 is a pretty simple machine. You need to be sure the oil tank is filled with quality 2-stroke oil. You need to look in the manual for the maintenance interval of spark plug, air filter and gear oil. Your scooter's engine is the same as the 50cc Buddy. Between this forum and youtube, you will find instruction and information on everything you need. To ride is great, to ride and wrench on your own scooter is outstanding.
roughrider2015

Post by roughrider2015 »

Scooters are very easy to work on with the proper tools. Since this is a 2 stroke you do not have to worry about an oil/filter change.

Brake pads depending on your riding will last at least 3000 miles and changing them is just two bolts and about 4-5 minutes in total.

Air filter is an easy check

When it comes time to upgrade the exhaust and jet the carb, it just takes time, patience (my suggestion when taking apart a carb for the first time is have a clean work station, and take lots of pictures to document the carb prior to removal and take a picture of everything you do along the way.

The service manual for virtually all scooters and motorcycles is on line for free via a pdf so getting the proper step by step is only a mouse click away.
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

Despite what your state legislature wants to call it.... Its not a damn moped!!!

Now on to the good stuff. Always pre-check before you ride. Tires, brake lines, look for loose fittings, check for any type of fluid leaks, lights, signals.
If you do this every time before you ride it will help you in the long run. If something is amiss you can fix it promptly.
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing