First ride- WOW

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

roughrider2015

First ride- WOW

Post by roughrider2015 »

Ok, have a good chuckle...my fastest bike was a turbo busa which ran consistent 8.20's @ 172 mph...I have had over 100 bikes in 40+ years of riding and have logged over 500k miles in my life.
Yes my hair is getting some gray...ok salt/pepper gray.
I now enjoy putting around on my Victory XC and my Yamaha Warrior and scooters. yes those anemic things which let you ride wide open all the time. Its quite a bit of fun to go so slow.
My scooter list is over 15 at this point...burgman 650, vespa gt200, aprilia mojito 150 and 50, and virtually every 49 cc made- zuma, every kymco, c3, vino, piaggio and so on.
I picked up a 2015 RH Ti edition a few days ago. All I did was ride it in a circle and load it up. Today I checked all the nuts/bolts making sure it was good to go, topped off the oil with Bel Ray Si-7 oil, checked the tire pressure and off I went.
Wow...I am very impressed with 240lbs of me on this tiny scooter gps indicated 42-43 on level ground and going down a gradual hill 53 mph peak speed. Going up a pretty good size hill it still averaged 38 mph.
Hitting depressions in the road showed a rock solid frame-zero flex (many of other scooters I have and have sold in prior years riding the same route have yielded quite of bit of flex in the frame.
The 12" tires are fantastic-no problems with any standard road surfaces or debris.
The fastest stock (no pipe) scooter I have had was an Aprilia Mojito 50 (2 stroke) it really took off and I have to say that the RH is right there in every aspect.

PGO has hit it out of the park, I am really thrilled with the RH and can say with out a doubt it is superior to a Zuma in every way (both 2 and 4 strokes-I have owned both)
The fact is I think you would be hard pressed to find a better scooter made today from a performance/comfort/handling then the 2015 RH Ti edition.

just my .02
Whimscootie

Post by Whimscootie »

Glad you are loving your Roughhouse!

How does it compare to your Yammie C3?
Scootin' for a slower pace of life...
www.49ccscooterlife.blogspot.com
roughrider2015

Post by roughrider2015 »

the c3 has a much larger seat and more foot room-more comfy
the c3 is NOT made for a passenger-no pegs and warning sticker behind driver seat about weight not exceeding 20lbs.
the rh out handles, out corners and out brakes it
the c3 is a 4 stroke-has decent power bone stock with 240lbs rider it slows to 35 up a good size hill where the rh is 38 and going down the same hill the c3 peaks with an electronic limiter mid 40's (around 45) where the rh is 53 mph.

storage c3 has more than any other scooter short of a maxi scooter like a burgman.
Whimscootie

Post by Whimscootie »

Yeah, I own a C3 myself, as you may have noticed.
I would not have thought that the 49cc RH could get up to 53mph, even derestricted. That's amazing.
Is the engine much louder than the C3?
I would love to test ride a RH but there are none near where I live. I love their looks!
Scootin' for a slower pace of life...
www.49ccscooterlife.blogspot.com
roughrider2015

Post by roughrider2015 »

53 is going down a gradual hill, not on level ground
with the stock pipe/exhaust on both the rh is a bit louder.