Rattler 110 bogging at high speeds downhill?

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

boyjeenyus

Rattler 110 bogging at high speeds downhill?

Post by boyjeenyus »

OK, I spent awhile fighting to get everything happy after installing this Arreche carb--had intermittent bogging/surging at higher throttle situations. Replacing the Petcock/fuel valve finally seems to have done the trick--it must have been not opening quite all the way at full throttle and under-fueling. All better now and a good bit more power at low-medium throttle than the stock carb.

One issue that i felt with both the original carb (and racing air filter/118 main jet) and the new one is that once I've crested a hill at high speed WOT, I feel slight bogging and hesitation in spurts as it accelerates and cruises downhill above 55 mph indicated WOT. It almost feels as though there were something designed to prevent the engine from spinning any faster. Prior to this, I've pressure tested the engine, running a new spark plug that's showing good color at WOT tests, and upgraded the fuel lines. I'm running good fuel and high end synthetic 2-stroke oil. Carb is clean. I assume that the CVT/clutch system is stock, but I haven't actually opened it up yet.

Any ideas? Other than this, I LOVE THIS BIKE. SO FUN TO RIDE and does what I need on the roads I ride.

Cheers!
Stephen
boyjeenyus

Anyone?

Post by boyjeenyus »

Anyone?
:)