Good news for Pennsylvania riders

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Drew

Good news for Pennsylvania riders

Post by Drew »

Pennsylvania drivers will soon be allowed to drive through an unresponsive red light
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index. ... ow_dr.html
viney266

Post by viney266 »

Nice to see that it will finally be legal. Maryland passed this a while back ( been doing it for 30 years).
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

We're supposed to inform some local authority if sensors do not detect the vehicle. Meh.

Instead of repaving roads around here, the city has taken to spreading some kind of coating over the streets every few years. This creates an accumulation of coating over the inductive sensors. It's a pain.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
viney266

Post by viney266 »

One boring night in college a room mate and I sat at one on our bikes at about 3:30 AM for 23 minutes. Then a car showed up and spoiled our fun. I have been pausing and "running" them ever since.
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
kmrcstintn

Post by kmrcstintn »

happy to read this is happening...there are several turn signals/lights near where I work that will not be activated by my smaller bike (Suzuki GZ250...not enough mass) and there are one or two that don't activate all the time with my big bike (Honda Shadow 750); hoping all the local townships, boroughs, and cities will become aware to minimize unnecessary tickets and trips to local magistrates to argue the point...
did anyone get the license plate number of the bus that just hit me?!?
pink09

Post by pink09 »

Thats awesome. I wish NM would do this. There's one particular light on my way to work that I always end up at with no other cars to trigger the pressure sensor, and its made me late to work just sitting there.
One trick though-
On some traffic lights, you can flash your headlight brights a few times and it will turn green, thinking you are an emergency vehicle.
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

What's really embarrassing is when you're sitting on your scoot atop the sensor coil and there are cars piling up behind you and the traffic lights skip you thinking that there's nobody there. I have that problem coming out of my neighborhood in the morning, and if I see a car coming behind me, I'll loop around and get behind him with a 'move on up' gesture.

Missouri has the proceed-when-safe law on the books, so I'm not worried about getting ticketed if I _do_ go through an intersection. It's useful when there's minimal traffic and I _could_ proceed, but in the morning rush there's gridlock and I _can't_ proceed without a signal.
Feel da rhythm! Feel da rhyme! Get on up! It's Buddy Time!