Captain's Log - 1600 Miles on Roughhouse and no problems!

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

R50Rider

Captain's Log - 1600 Miles on Roughhouse and no problems!

Post by R50Rider »

I've put over 1600 miles on my new 2015 R50 since last Spring and have had no problems. The gear oil was changed at 200 and again at 1400 miles by me just to make sure any additional grindings were drained out (although if there were any they weren't readily visible). I make sure the 2-stroke oil tank is topped off regularly and use a fuel additive in the gas tank to avoid ethanol problems. Kick starting is preferable so as to extend battery life. The rear brake cable was adjusted twice (but only slightly). Tire wear is minimal. I've been commuting 20 miles a night round trip to work over the summer and kept up with the 40 MPH traffic flow. . .great machine and glad I chose it over the Buddy 50 for the taller seat and bigger tires. Now that the cooler weather is approaching in New England it will be interesting to see how well the engine performs in contrast to summer. I think I'll just check the air filter soon to see what condition that is in and recheck the tire pressures. Also a good washing is in order (road construction mud) and plastic/vinyl treatment. Gripes? Not really except that the seat could use a bit more padding, the mirrors could have wider stems, and the front fork springs could be beefier. The "Grin Factor" remains the same. :helmet:
Attachments
DCP_1450b.jpg
DCP_1450b.jpg (199.66 KiB) Viewed 616 times
KooK

Post by KooK »

i got mine in January, just rolled 1500 miles too. not a single hiccup. I have a 13 mile round trip to work driving through the French Quarter. I wish I had bought it a year earlier. the seat is a bit harsh, but still fine. I changed the headlight out to the PIAA better one, but the lighting pretty much sucks as I drive almost exclusively at night. and I wont drive it in the rain, not here.
R50Rider

Post by R50Rider »

The headlights on my motorcycles are better for sure (and higher wattage 55/60 H4) but I can see OK with the headlight on the Roughhouse. I prefer to use the low beam for general use. This may sound crazy but I swear you can see the face of a cat directly in front of the scooter on the pavement on high beam. . .just high beam. Somebody else here mentioned it as well. Hence the "Black Cat". . .

Sounds like you have a great commute going through the French Quarter.