Off road riding the buddy in Kansas City!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

lovemysan

Off road riding the buddy in Kansas City!

Post by lovemysan »

I've been looking around for a few off the beaten path places to ride. Lately we've been looking for some spots to over night with our hammocks. This is short clip of trail and riding under some bridges I tried out today. The camera is just an iPhone. I will say a heidenau k61 and Michelin s1 are not ideal off road tires.

http://youtu.be/ULq7b_aLCDA
161cc big bore kit, NCY big valve head Hand ported, NCY transmission kit, jetted and tuned. I can port your cylinder head.
Yalzin

Post by Yalzin »

Don't forget to set the video to public :)
Clydeo

Off road buddy

Post by Clydeo »

Lol! I have to confess that I have tried taking the Buddy off road a few times. Let's just say that it is entertaining to watch! Where in KC are you riding? I lived in Independence MO and Olathe, Ks, while going to grad school. KC has a lot more hills than most people would expect! I used to ride my Yamahs XS400 (NOT a dirt bike) on some of the trails out there on weekends.
bgwss

Post by bgwss »

What do you have on top of your speedo?
lovemysan

Post by lovemysan »

Blue river area. That's a trail tech vapor. Speedo, tach, odo, cht all in one. I've got it set to light the shift light at 8500 Rpms. The stock speedo was a joke.
161cc big bore kit, NCY big valve head Hand ported, NCY transmission kit, jetted and tuned. I can port your cylinder head.
lovemysan

Post by lovemysan »

Actually the buddy isn't too bad. You have to be willing to put your feet down a lot because there isn't much traction or suspension travel. I only got stuck once. I'm not sure how much having a lot of extra power helps.