Finally got a Genuine in my collection

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

vcam

Finally got a Genuine in my collection

Post by vcam »

hi all, I have over a dozen scooters ranging from 50cc to a 400. My fave is probably my '85 Honda Elite 250. I just picked up a pretty cherry Roughhouse 50 in black as my first of the Genuine brand. Starts right up and runs strong. I'm looking for links to dl the service and owner's manuals for them. Feel free to offer any user tips specific to this bike. I will be going into that part of the forums and reading all I can about them. What I like so far is that it feels big. I was amazed this past summer when I borrowed a Zuma and it felt so tiny and cramped and I am not a big person. I really didn't want a 2t as I prefer the sound of a nice 4t and not having to carry oil around but we'll see how it works out. Ciao!
viney266

Post by viney266 »

Welcome, the forum here has links to the service info. Also, that oil tank is good for 500-800 miles, so no need to carry oil for short trips around town. You will love the RH; tough as nails. They will do mid 40's with a large guy like me (260 lbs), great scoot.
Make sure to run a good quality pre mix made just for scooters. It makes a difference in how clean they stay.
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?