Check Exhaust Pipe Guard (Heat Protector) Screws

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

R50Rider

Check Exhaust Pipe Guard (Heat Protector) Screws

Post by R50Rider »

I was just giving my Roughhouse a quick visual check as it approaches the 1900 mile mark and noticed that two of the Heat Protector screws were somewhat loose. You'll just need a Phillips Head Screwdriver to tighten them and no excessive force is needed. That being said I may pull the side and front covers off to do a more thorough examination of the entire scooter over the Christmas Holiday. Fingers crossed for mild weather. . .

I've seen this sort of thing happen on motorcycles before as well. The vibration can make them loosen up.

One other thing I may do is add a tiny bit of brake fluid to the front disc brake well. It's looking like it's gone down a bit so the pads must be getting a bit worn. It usually looks like it's only half full anyways due to the angle it sits on the handle bar. The first time I checked it when the scooter was new I was surprised to see that it was actually full!

From what I can see so far there doesn't seem to be anything else out of the ordinary. :helmet:
alexvuk82

Post by alexvuk82 »

My cover actually fell off during a ride once, was able to save it and order new screws, etc.

I check them once a week with the PSI in the tires now lol
White R50
Matte R50 NCY Variator 6.5g rollers