Stella History Question

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Chatis

Stella History Question

Post by Chatis »

Hi All. I have a 2003 Stella 2T (Vespa 150PX) and am having huge fun with it. I want to get a second one for my son to join me on my rides. In searching I have discovered that later 2T models have a neutral and brake (Stop) light in the instrument bezel. What year did they start with these? Were there any other changes to the scooter over the years?

Just curious. I have spent some time searching for this but cannot find any information.

Thanks for looking,
RoaringTodd

Post by RoaringTodd »

My 2004 has both.
Just because I am Deaf ... does not mean I can't roar.
fisher1

Post by fisher1 »

My 2009 has both.
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

The big change between the early ('03-'05) and late ('07-'09) 2T Stellas was the ignition system. The early bikes used a different flywheel, stator and CDI than the later ones. The later ones use a CDI like a Vespa T5 and the pulse coil sits inside the stator instead of the outside of the fan.

Wiring harness connectors appear to have changed between early and late bikes as well.
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...