Front Directional Turn Indicator Replacement

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

R50Rider

Front Directional Turn Indicator Replacement

Post by R50Rider »

I'm going to need a replacement right front turn indicator light assembly for my R50. I broke the thing last year taking a tight turn and bumped my knee on it. . .it cracked the housing at the mounting surface. (see pic)

Since my dealer is about an hour away I figured I'd try to order a new one online and I've had good luck with AF1 Racing before.

On my 2015 R50 the lens is yellow and I assume that they have been yellow since they've been selling them here (even as Black Cats). It's been held on with Gorilla Tape and been good to go so far but I'd like to reinstall a new one.I've noticed that Genuine uses the same part number for the Blur. On table F4 of the Roughhouse/Black Cat parts listing (available from AF1 Racing on their website) the right turn signal assembly is listed as item 11 and the left is item 17.

The thing is that on the AF1 Racing web page they show replacement turn signals for the Buddy and Roughhouse on another page with a clear lens (part numbers ending with 4). The replacement signals for the Blur and Roughhouse hopefully come with yellow lenses (part numbers ending in 3).

Has anyone had any problems ordering these turn indicators and getting the wrong color lens? They list for around $26 each and I figured it would be a good idea to bring this subject up in case anyone else needs one and gets confused with the parts availability. I guess I'll order the part number C166D0110003 and hope it's the one I want. I may email AF1 to see if they can take the time to check the inventory or clarify the situation.

Otherwise my R50 has been running strong and I've been using it through this winter when the weather has allowed.

:helmet:
Attachments
DCP_1447a.jpg
DCP_1447a.jpg (195.68 KiB) Viewed 949 times
FreeDivr

Post by FreeDivr »

I'm curious what you find out. My wife has the 10yr anniversary buddy 125 which has smoked lenses. I want to replace my RH lenses with them but unsure how to order. Let us know how it goes.
R50Rider

Post by R50Rider »

I contacted AF1 and I was informed that they only have a limited supply of Genuine maintenance items left and they weren't able to continue with the Genuine franchise when they moved to Austin. So I'll check with another source and post my results later on. That being said I have had good results ordering from AF1 Racing in the past (last year) and they do support other brands. . .
R50Rider

Post by R50Rider »

So I ended up placing an order for the new turn signal (and a few other items) through the dealer I bought the scooter from. When the items arrive at their dealership they said they'd ship them to me. It will save me the hour up and hour back trip. Since they are a smaller operation they don't have a sophisticated online ordering system but are willing to do the best they can to help their customers and you gotta respect that. Not everyone runs like Walmart. Actually it kind of reminds me of getting parts at a typical bike shop back in the 70's anyways and as they say the more things change the more they stay the same. . .

We've had a brief return to winter and I'm anxious to get back on the road with the Roughhouse. I'd like to start commuting to work with it again and go 4 times further on a gallon than I would in my Jeep. :helmet: