2T stops running

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

aaronmshaffer

2T stops running

Post by aaronmshaffer »

My 2T will run fine for about 5 minutes. After it gets warm, the idle will get really low and then it will die. I can restart it, but it will only run for a few seconds before dying again. I don’t think it is carb related, when it is running it is running fine, no issues at all. I have already disconnected the kill switch, it didn’t seem to make any difference.
Any thoughts? Thanks
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

Is the choke cable operating properly? It reads like a possible stuck choke. Pop the car box cover off, operate the choke and see if the linkage moves .
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
aaronmshaffer

Post by aaronmshaffer »

Well, I just pulled the carb. The choke seems to be working fine, but there was an awful lot of oil around the base of the carb, more than I was expecting to see.
Robbie

Post by Robbie »

Try running it with the fuel cap loose or off.

Your description lines up with a tank not venting and starving the carburetor of fuel.

Rob
paracer

Post by paracer »

aaronmshaffer wrote:Well, I just pulled the carb. The choke seems to be working fine, but there was an awful lot of oil around the base of the carb, more than I was expecting to see.
I think you found your issue. Give the carb a good cleaning. You'll probably be in good shape.