Genuine roughhouse 10k miles

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Terescenko

Genuine roughhouse 10k miles

Post by Terescenko »

Hello everyone...I've been a proud owner of a 2014 genuine roughhouse scooter and have put over 10,000 miles on the odometer in the past 18 months. Scooters NEVER been in the shop besides regular services that I have done at home. After I hit 10k, I told myself I would get some upgrades. I have purchased a new belt, NCY transmission kit, performance exhaust, uni air filter, and a 70cc kit. My top speed (per odometer on scooter) is 50....after all these upgrades, my top speed (per odometer on scooter) is STILL 50....GPS, this is a whopping 42mph.
-95 main jet
-NCY transmission kit (6g sliders) -majority of forums and discussions I have read people recommend 6-6.5 on the roughhouse 50
-performance exhaust
-STOCK BELT that has 10k miles on it (new belt did not fit. Sent wrong size)
-Unifilter
-big bore kit
The scooter is definitely louder than stock..the thing SCREAMS. Speedo showed 47 while going uphill and remaining at 47(great uphill torque) . Solid 50 on flat..no signs of bogging out it seems like everything is dialed in....realistically, I would like to be over 50mph GPS...is This wishful thinking? I would EXTRMELY appreciate any input. I have read pretty much every discussion regarding this scooter and big bore kit! Thank you.......
dasscooter

Post by dasscooter »

Belt replacement is a good start, it's way past due. It stretches with mileage and you lose some top end because of it.
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

Top speed is affected by final drive/reduction box gearing.
Terescenko

roughhouse

Post by Terescenko »

I appreciate the reply....I will be changing out the belt tomorrow with a brand new one and I will get back to you with the results. As far as reducing the final gear ratio, I did not look much into this yet because I believe this scooter can still achieve more top speed without altering that. I've seen these scooters push 50mph GPS without messing with the gear ratio.
Thanks again!
Terescenko

update

Post by Terescenko »

Today, I installed the new belt, and changed the roller weights. To go heavier, (because of availability) i used 9's and 4's....Is staggering weights from 9 to 4 a bad thing? incredible acceleration, speedo is pegged way past 50 and the scooter still gaining speed! Only issue I'm having is keeping the scooter around 30mph without it slightly bogging? it's not running the best in the mid-range unless I hammer the throttle wide open. Any advice??

thanks!
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

Your jetting may be to much. 2T is designed to run lean, check your plug to make sure its not fouled. 85 - 90 range for the jetting.
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing
DeeDee

Re: update

Post by DeeDee »

Terescenko wrote:Today, I installed the new belt, and changed the roller weights. To go heavier, (because of availability) i used 9's and 4's....Is staggering weights from 9 to 4 a bad thing? incredible acceleration, speedo is pegged way past 50 and the scooter still gaining speed! Only issue I'm having is keeping the scooter around 30mph without it slightly bogging? it's not running the best in the mid-range unless I hammer the throttle wide open. Any advice??

thanks!
I think the 5 gram difference in your rollers is giving you problems. There shouldn't be more than an one or two gram difference when you stagger weights. Is stock 6 grams? Try dr. pulley sliders, and go one gram lighter than stock. Your current set up confuses the mid range. Your 9 gram rollers are holding the 4 gram rollers back too much.
Terescenko

Update

Post by Terescenko »

Thanks for the advice agrogod I will rejet this afternoon and try that out. DEEDEE I am running 6 gram sliders
Now and seem to have the same issue! When the scooter is cold, (after
I installed the sliders) it takes off like a mean machine...almost ate it (unexpected wheely) lol. After a few min when the bike warmed up, from 0-30 acceleration was garbage...once I got to 30 it freaking took OFF. Low an mid range seems bogged out once
It's warm...still have the 95'jet in there