70cc roughhouse issue

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Terescenko

70cc roughhouse issue

Post by Terescenko »

Hey guys, quick mod question! When the scooter is cold, (first start of the day) it takes off like a mean machine...almost eat it (unexpected wheely) lol. After a few min when the bike warms up, from 0-30 acceleration is garbage...once I get to 30 it freaking takes OFF. Low an mid range seems bogged out once
It's warm...still have the 95'jet in there with 6g sliders now an 1000 contra.
Any input? Looking to maybe do some work on it this evening.

Thanks!! :D
dasscooter

Post by dasscooter »

You'll likely need a larger pilot jet. Removing the epoxy from the mixture screw on the side and adjusting it can help also.
Terescenko

Post by Terescenko »

Weirdest thing...I took the carb apart and cleaned everything...I took the epoxy off the mix screw, drilled through the brass an apparently through the head of the air mixture screw too lol. Put everything back together, Same result (bogging when hot at lower rpms) I removed the auto choke and BAM fixed my issue....what do I do now?
Thanks !!
B02S4

Post by B02S4 »

If that is the case then the enrichener isn't shutting off...either replace it or if you don't want to spend the $ then try disconnecting it.
dasscooter

Post by dasscooter »

You took it off completely? Yeah you can't do that
viney266

Post by viney266 »

Bike is now sucking air thru the choke circuit. So, it was rich. Get a working choke (yours may be fine) and get back to work. Try a small er main.

Which 70cc kit are you using?
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
Terescenko

Pulled the plug

Post by Terescenko »

Pulled the plug, an it was black. Sure enough it's rich! Thanks Vinny...gonna try a smaller main for sure. The kit was installed by my local mechanic..do I need to up my pilot jet ? Still got the stock 35
In there