Black Cat Owners?

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jperkins

Black Cat Owners?

Post by jperkins »

Does anyone out there actually own a Black Cat? I have notice no one has posted to this forum since Oct. 29, 2006

If so how's the ride? And do you like it?
beelzebubbles

Post by beelzebubbles »

This is the deadest forum in the Modern [Scooter] series ... Maybe they can use this forum for Black Cat, Rattler, and any other scooter?

Otherwise it seems moribund.
:(
jperkins

WOW

Post by jperkins »

I was beginning to think no one actually ever looked in here.....It was lonley in here these past few months!
beelzebubbles

Post by beelzebubbles »

It's lonely at this forum ... Maybe we can just redirect all the flamers here, at least that way it keeps up the post count :)
L.B.

Black Cat

Post by L.B. »

I own a Black Cat. I have 7 miles on it. I won it at the San Francisco Scooter Girls Rally. It was donated by the San Francisco Scooter Centre.

I have a few questions:

Does the Black Cat 50cc and the Buddy 50cc share the same engine?

Is the 70cc kit the same for both.

Whats the best after market Pipe for the Black Cat.

Is their some kind of Rocket Booster I can strap to this thing to get it to go 50 MPH?

Lucky~
Kevin K

Post by Kevin K »

Congrats!
The 70 kit is the same for the BC, Rattler and Buddy 50
Best bang for the buck is the Prima pipe. I will warn you that it's LOUD!
Have fun with it.

The way I see it, there's enough similarities between the Rattler and the BC that we can share mods that work for both.

It's a revolution, baby!
-K
She rides: nothing yet
He rides: crappy 35 year-old Vespa (and 70cc Rattler)

Minnesota Motorcyle Monthly

My SmugMug
Gary

Re: Black Cat

Post by Gary »

L.B. wrote: Is their some kind of Rocket Booster I can strap to this thing to get it to go 50 MPH?
Wow. Sweet prize!

Have you had the engine derestricted?

I have 250 miles on my Black Cat (without all the kitty stickers on it :roll: ). It easily goes 50 on a flat street with no prob, rarely under 35 going up hills. I got from Scoot Richmond (Va) after they derestricted the engine for a demo for the local parking cops. The cops didn't want it, so I scooped it up for a sweet deal. Derestricting the engine is the only modification they made, and I don't feel like it needs anything else done to it. It has no trouble keeping up with traffic. I ride it about 20 miles a day to work and back.

It's really a Buddy 50 with bigger wheels (and different body o'course). The owner gave me a serious ride through the city, and I was way impressed with its pickup while carrying 2 adults. I rode on the back of a Buddy afterward and I thought the Black Cat was sturdier, more peppy, and had much less vibration to the seat. So I bought it. Wheeeee!

It's obviously not a really popular bike, since they haven't gotten another one in since I bought it. I think losing the kitty stickers would be a big help. It looks really good in plain yellow.

Gary
mattgordon

Re: Black Cat

Post by mattgordon »

Gary wrote:
L.B. wrote: Is their some kind of Rocket Booster I can strap to this thing to get it to go 50 MPH?
Wow. Sweet prize!

Have you had the engine derestricted?

I have 250 miles on my Black Cat (without all the kitty stickers on it :roll: ). It easily goes 50 on a flat street with no prob, rarely under 35 going up hills. I got from Scoot Richmond (Va) after they derestricted the engine for a demo for the local parking cops. The cops didn't want it, so I scooped it up for a sweet deal. Derestricting the engine is the only modification they made, and I don't feel like it needs anything else done to it. It has no trouble keeping up with traffic. I ride it about 20 miles a day to work and back.

It's really a Buddy 50 with bigger wheels (and different body o'course). The owner gave me a serious ride through the city, and I was way impressed with its pickup while carrying 2 adults. I rode on the back of a Buddy afterward and I thought the Black Cat was sturdier, more peppy, and had much less vibration to the seat. So I bought it. Wheeeee!

It's obviously not a really popular bike, since they haven't gotten another one in since I bought it. I think losing the kitty stickers would be a big help. It looks really good in plain yellow.

Gary
How 'bout a picture of it in it's birthday suit?
Gary

Kitty-free kitty

Post by Gary »

My avatar is the pic from the Genuine site with the kitty krap photoshopped out (well, really by The GIMP, which is free). I'll post a real photo ASAP
squerlo

I own one

Post by squerlo »

I own one and yes it is the same PGO engine as all of the other 50cc engines in the genuine line up.

The best pipe is the Prima Performance pipe. You can find it at www.scooterworks.com
ysofisonly50?

Post by ysofisonly50? »

just 4ur info: there's still dem Black Cats out there people. Dem in yellow body plastics and red seat... real rad, man.. 8) of course, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder :P my treasure may be your garbage :wink:
check out www.cycletrader.com
find your way to motorcycles>scooters>genuine :D
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

If you're planning to mod it, and paint it who cares what color it starts off as?