Project BudHouse

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

dasscooter

Project BudHouse

Post by dasscooter »

Here's a glimpse of my recent project - adding a Roughhouse headset and off road lights to a Buddy. I need to add a light bar to spread the Hellas out a little and do some paint work, but you get the jist of it. It's gonna be sweet!

The next step will be trail tech gauges and a Rattler like naked handlebar setup.

babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Interesting. You should name your scooter "Dolly Parton", lol.
Be sure to post more pictures as you progress.
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

Great idea. I'm following your thread.
2013 Buddy 125, Prima Pipe, #95 main jet, Orange CDI
skipper20

Re: Project BudHouse

Post by skipper20 »

dasscooter wrote:Here's a glimpse of my recent project - adding a Roughhouse headset and off road lights to a Buddy. I need to add a light bar to spread the Hellas out a little and do some paint work, but you get the jist of it. It's gonna be sweet!

The next step will be trail tech gauges and a Rattler like naked handlebar setup.

I know you've put a lot of work into this because it's your style and you obviously like that style. But I'm more of a traditionalist and I've always liked the Buddy's retro style single headlight. To me, twin headlights seem more off road but the Buddy has a classic street scooter look not unlike the Vespa which is about as classic as you can get. So personally while I admire your handiwork I know it's your thing but it's not my thing. But, if we were all of the same thought and mind, the world would be a pretty boring place wouldn't it? Respectfully,

Bill in Seattle
'14 170i Hooligan Matte Green
'15 170i Hooligan Titanium (AZ scoot)
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

Like to see a side profile. Have fun with it, thats what scooters are for! Looks interesting from the front. Getting a bug-eye set-up from a Zuma would have saved some work. You can find them for fair prices when someone swaps to a JDM assembly.
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

You need to put some knobby tires on it.
dasscooter

Post by dasscooter »

Here's a couple more pics after some tweaking. The BlackCat gauges have grown on me. I'm not so sure about the low signals now, I may paint the covers and go to handlebar mounted turn signals.

............ If anyone has any doubts to why, here's what I drive. :lol:
Syd

Post by Syd »

Hey, those KCs were made just up the road from me in AZ. Thanks for supporting our economy!
The majority is always sane - Nessus
HowHH

Post by HowHH »

I like the frame brace. Welded or clamp-on?
dasscooter

Post by dasscooter »

Welded. That Buddy was a theft recovery and the frame was slightly bent. While I had it stripped down I welded in the cross-bar. It's nice!
dasscooter

Post by dasscooter »

V2.0 has arrived

keltick

Post by keltick »

I'm digging it. I was thinking about doing something similar but in addition to the current headlight. I think I'm already taxing the electronics though. :/
KooK

Post by KooK »

I'm currently designing a light mount to mount a 7" led light bar on my Rough house so I can see them potholes like the one i hit a few weeks ago. Got access to a 3d printer so it should be nice!
dasscooter

Post by dasscooter »

Odd, I thought I posted the final product. It feels like a completely different scoot

keltick

Post by keltick »

Looks great.