Went down kinda hard. Busted up the air box

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

KooK

Went down kinda hard. Busted up the air box

Post by KooK »

I was turning into a street and hit about a 12 inch deep pothole. Not good! Wearing helmet thank God. Knees are a little scuffed. But, I broke my Airbox. And being 3:00 a.m. didn't really get to look over it real good. Runs like crap now, louder not in a good way. Would just a busted airbox make a noticeable difference? I can't get to top speed, it is terribly loud. What else do i need to check out?
iwannascoot

Post by iwannascoot »

The airbox is definitely an issue. Your scoot will run lean and overheat. You can and will damage the engine if you continue to drive it with the airbox broken.

Billy
viney266

Post by viney266 »

^^^ What he said. Park it till you get the new parts and you will be good to go once you re install everything. Check carb mouth and make sure there is no dirt or debris when you put the new parts on.
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
KooK

Post by KooK »

Parts ordered. Parked till they get here! Thanks
R50Rider

Post by R50Rider »

12inches deep eh? Glad you survived and hope you heal quickly! I always wear a helmet as well. . . If I were you I would take a real close look for cracks on the frame. It sounds like you really got quite a jolt. Keep us posted on how it runs when you replace the air box. One of the reasons I don't ride the Interstates too much anymore on my sport bike is because I don't trust the condition of the road surfaces. Too much traffic and bad weather is really giving the maintenance crews a run for their money.